Hello,

I have just gotten my first blackberry and I love it. However, my biggest complaint is the sms. I had sms-chat for my windows mobile phone and it was amazingly good. I dont know why there are no threaded sms applications for blackberry. Its terrible, i text so much and my inbox is just a pile up of texts without threaded sms. Does anyone know of any applications to fix this? Is anyone developing one? Thanks
    05-27-08 11:28 AM
    Nothing at the moment. Perhaps someone will come up with something soon. If you put the SMS History all the way up (4) it may solve some of your problem.
    05-27-08 11:32 AM
    I have done that already. It seems like alot of people have this problem. No one developes anything for it? i dont know how to make programs or anything but with my windows phone there were millions of different programs and applications being made every day.
    05-27-08 11:36 AM
    this is what we have all been wondering
    i hope someone comes out with this app

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/real...ssaging-31371/
    05-27-08 01:58 PM
    oh and welcome newb!
    05-27-08 01:59 PM
    haha thanks
    05-27-08 02:04 PM
    My company has started to develop apps for blackberries...it might be something worth putting some development time into. I have seen a ton of people continue to harp on the fact that RIM dropped the ball with not threading SMS messages.
    05-27-08 02:40 PM
    What is your guys definition of threaded SMS texts? Because mine definitely has it.
    05-27-08 02:42 PM
    dexrexLLC you should definately push for this. I would pay to have threaded sms on my phone.

smaug have you ever used jive talk? or even isntant messenger on your computer? it looks like that.

In your sms inbox area it would look like this:

Bob
    Mike
    Chris

and when you click on a name (bob) it would bring up

Bob: Hey whats up?
    You: NM. want to go to the movies?
    Bob: ummm maybe I have a bit of home work
    You: Let me know.

it makes it so much easier to manage your sms inbox. Instead of all sms in a folder they are filed away under the name of the person who sent them.
    05-27-08 03:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD