Well it's been a long day... so maybe I'm am tired and can't seem to put two and two together... Problems with my Curve and email..

But I got Verizon FIOS installed today and got my new email setup.... all working good on my pc's. Now here is the problem....

With my previous ISP comcast I had auto forwarding setup..... which would send or direct the email to my blackberry.net account.... I use this because it gets email faster...... Now with that setup it would also allow me to view emails on my pc as well....

But now with Verizon FIOS email setup. it has auto forward, but it forwards and doesn't leave those emails in the main ISP box for later viewing on my computer(outlook).....

Any help... I hate to have a bunch of inboxes on my Blackberry.........
    08-06-08 10:01 PM
    Well it's been a long day... so maybe I'm am tired and can't seem to put two and two together... Problems with my Curve and email..

But I got Verizon FIOS installed today and got my new email setup.... all working good on my pc's. Now here is the problem....

With my previous ISP comcast I had auto forwarding setup..... which would send or direct the email to my blackberry.net account.... I use this because it gets email faster...... Now with that setup it would also allow me to view emails on my pc as well....

But now with Verizon FIOS email setup. it has auto forward, but it forwards and doesn't leave those emails in the main ISP box for later viewing on my computer(outlook).....

Any help... I hate to have a bunch of inboxes on my Blackberry.........
    There may be a setting you can tweak, or talk to your ISP about making the emails not delet when forwarding!

As for the multiple emails on your Berry, you can just hide all of the email box icons and use the "Messages" one... cosolidating all messages into one location!

If there is any way to access with this as POP from your Berry (I only assume there is)... then I would go that route and scrap the forwarding to the @blackberry.net account. That is my personal preference.

Let us know what you end up doing
    08-06-08 10:06 PM
    I know you know this, but like you said, it's late...usually there's an option in the ISP email setup to set how many days messages are left on the server. You don't have that with FIOS?
    08-06-08 10:08 PM
    There may be a setting you can tweak, or talk to your ISP about making the emails not delet when forwarding!

As for the multiple emails on your Berry, you can just hide all of the email box icons and use the "Messages" one... cosolidating all messages into one location!

If there is any way to access with this as POP from your Berry (I only assume there is)... then I would go that route and scrap the forwarding to the @blackberry.net account. That is my personal preference.

Let us know what you end up doing
    I am pretty sure they have the forwarding set in stone...... bummer

The reason I want to use the blackberry.net account, I did some testing earlier and getting emails from the verizon address was way slowe then the instant blackberry account.....

Yeah maybe I will just add that account and then just hide all the icons.... Not sure why I wold have to go that route... man it's been a long day.....
    08-06-08 10:11 PM
    I know you know this, but like you said, it's late...usually there's an option in the ISP email setup to set how many days messages are left on the server. You don't have that with FIOS?

here are the settings i have....

Vacation Reply: Let everyone know you are away on vacation
    Email Forwarding: On → [email protected]kbe... → Edit
    Spam Detector: On → Edit
    08-06-08 10:12 PM
    I am pretty sure they have the forwarding set in stone...... bummer

Ahh... that sucks!!

The reason I want to use the blackberry.net account, I did some testing earlier and getting emails from the verizon address was way slowe then the instant blackberry account.....

Yeah... some ISPs POP is slower than others. I personally route a few of my email addresses through my GMail account and that works great... and fast! I know where you are coming from

Yeah maybe I will just add that account and then just hide all the icons.... Not sure why I wold have to go that route... man it's been a long day.....

Yeah man... well investigate your options more and check em out tomorrow when you have had some good rest and time to think about it!
    Hope you get it figured out man!
    08-06-08 10:13 PM
    Okay night all, I will keep you posted.....

Seems kinda weird for break through service by Verizon..... grrrr...

Keep you posted...
    08-06-08 10:16 PM
    Hang in there. You will get it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-06-08 10:18 PM
    I don't know about Verizon, but Comcast has a setting for that, it's titled "Keep copy on server" when forwarding e-mail to an address. If verizon has a setting in your FIOS account, click that and you should be fine.
    08-06-08 11:21 PM
    I had comcast before and they only had a account setting as out forward.... Nothing else about a server it did it that way automatically... But now with verizon, there is a auto forward setting... but it says it forwards and will not be on the main inbox..... bummer......

Why is blackberry.net address so much faster then other ISP....
    08-07-08 08:24 AM
    Why is blackberry.net address so much faster then other ISP....
    I only assume this all depends on your ISP, your email provider, the servers, etc. My GMail is instant on my BlackBerry, just like the @tmo.blackberry.net email address is!! It probably has something to do with how different ISPs have their POP set up on their email servers, etc.

I am not sure how the @blackberry.net email is hosted, but I would guess it is hosted by RIM (or maybe your carrier)
    Last edited by bmcclure937; 08-07-08 at 08:42 AM.
    08-07-08 08:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD