06-25-08 04:01 PM
- I'm just a little disappointed today as the BB Bold did not come out today, and I have no idea hiow long I am now going to have to wait. But anyway on to the question.
I have an HTC Touch and I'm looking to get rid of it for a BB. I just need something to tide me over iuntil the release of the Bold.
I found a refurb BB pearl on canada computers for $239.99, and they dont sell the cuirve at all which is what i would really be looking for.
So anyway two things,
1. is the pearl a good for for someone looking to get there first blackberry?? And, is $239.99 a good price for it.
2. Does anyone know anywhere in toronto where i might find a better deal or maybe even a curve.
any help would be really appreciated, so thanks in advance.06-25-08 03:20 PM
- i think the pearl is good for a first time blackberry... but there is no way i would pay that much for it! i know you're in canada so there is a difference in the currency... but i got my pearl brand new in american currency for 100.
question though, why wouldn't you just keep the htc until the bold comes out?06-25-08 03:23 PM
- Why don't you wait a week patiently and see what happens with the Bold for Rogers... I dunno what made you think it was coming out today, but it will probably be in July (at the earliest)!!
To hold you over a Pearl would do fine. It is a great Berry, especially for starters. I will not add my 2 cents regarding my opinions on getting a Berry to "hold over" until the Bold... so spend what you want and purchase what you want. I am just trying to help you be informed.
I would go for the Curve over the Pearl, but if it is temporary then the Pearl is more than adequate!
hope that can help06-25-08 03:24 PM
- ^^^^ @ Maggie ^^^^
I totally agree!! Why not keep the Touch for a couple more months till the Bold is released!! Patience is a virtue!
And anything over $200 is steep for a Pearl! (IMO). If you really cannot resist then look for a Pearl on eBay (unlocked or for Rogers) and then swap the SIM for yours.06-25-08 03:26 PM
- thanks for the help. the reason I dont want to keep the HTC is because it was an upgrade from a TREO 700 (no need to make fun) and i do a lot of email and text and greatly miss have a full QWERTY keyboard. The touch keyboard is not working for me. Also windows crashes far to much and i feel like a BB will be more reliable. Im also jealous of anybody with threaded text msgs.06-25-08 03:28 PM
- my bf writes his own OS for his HTC... he has the 6800, but it's basically the same software. you can convert any HTC to have threaded text, and it actually looks better than the BB. that's my only complaint about the BB i wish the threaded texts were like AIM style. but i understand about not having a keyboard, i don't think i'd like the touch either. PM me and i'll see if he can give me the site for that if you want it. and yes... windows crashes a lot which is why i went BB over htc! haha06-25-08 04:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD