Need some Advice Bold 9000
Ok let's see if I can avoid making this thread into a novel.
A while back I traded in my Blackberry for a Windows Phone. I kind of wish I didn't do that, it was an awesome phone and all but Blackberry has it's advantages. It's just I like to move around phones a lot. I then got tired of the huge bill AT&T was charging me and decided to go with Ting but they only have Android phones so I was back with Android for a little while. Now I have recently quit my job (really long story) and my mother is taking over the bills (sorta a relief, sorta embarrassing) so because of this, I am back with AT&T. But I no longer have my windows phone because I sold it. Now to keep my AT&T line, I have bought a Bold 9000 (no, not a 9900) while I realize that it is an older device, I do plan on upgrading to a newer blackberry when my tax refund finally comes in.
Now that the intro is out of the way, I can get to my questions, some of these are Bold 9000 specific, some are Blackberry in general questions so I figured General would be a good area.
- With the low amount of memory that the 9000 has, would it be wise to reboot the device every morning?
- How well is the Google Voice support?
- How troublesome can a trackball be in comparison to a trackpad?
- How well is the battery life on the 9000?
- What are some good music streaming apps that will run on Blackberry OS5?
- CrackBerry Master
02-19-2013, 01:46 AM #2
- 1,117 Posts
1. I'd get a memory card for your 9000. I had one in mine a while back, and still use it to this day. Those SD cards last forever, and they will even work whenever you get a BlackBerry 10 device. It has been a while since I used that 9000, but I remember I'd always do that Clear Log trick (holding Alt while pressing L G L G and then pressing Menu and clicking Clear Log). I never had any problems with my 9000 in terms of memory, but then again, I had a memory card with mostly pictures and a few songs, and not many apps.
2. I don't use Google Voice, so I can't help you here
3. The trackball compared to the trackpad...honestly it is annoying after it gets dirty. BUT, if you have a little patience, you can look on YouTube, and see how to take off the keyboard of the 9000 to change the trackball. It is very easy to do, and I did mine a number of times, and also my friend's, when she ordered a purple trackball to go on her white 9000. In terms of navigation and use of the trackball, it's perfectly fine with a new, clean trackball. I had many BlackBerrys with trackballs, and would replace them every few months (the trackballs are not expensive). Dirty fingers and normal oil from your finger will get the trackball dirty over time, but for getting around the menus and stuff, they are fine.
4. Battery life on the 9000 was outstanding. Better than my 9900, for sure. If I remember correctly, the Bold 9000 had the same battery as the Bold 9700 and 9780 did, and it was bigger and better than the 9900.
5. For music apps, I remember Pandora and Slacker were both available, and the Bold 9000 has a GREAT speaker on the back.Sean
re: Need some Advice Bold 9000
For music is there any songza support?
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
- 02-19-2013, 10:46 AM #4
Rebooting the 9000 daily is probably not a bad idea, it will free up memory. Yes it's ok to clear it with a small amount of alcohol, put the alcohol on a tissue first and THEN wipe the ball, do NOT pour it on the ball directly, unless you remove it (not advised). I don't think Songza has a version for that device, BUT their is a version for the brand new BBs the Z10 (and upcoming Q10).
- By metllicamilitia in forum BBOS Phone AccessoriesReplies: 1Last Post: 11-30-2010, 07:13 PM
- By Sajiko in forum BlackBerry UnlockingReplies: 14Last Post: 11-21-2009, 09:48 PM
- By Sajiko in forum BlackBerry Bold 9000Replies: 6Last Post: 09-22-2009, 10:32 PM
- By Jino in forum BlackBerry Bold 9000Replies: 15Last Post: 07-27-2009, 11:39 PM
- By jejomi in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 6Last Post: 11-20-2007, 12:50 AM