I've already done a search and haven't found the answer on how to restore the voice dialing function to my 8310. I deleted it sometime ago but now I'm converting to a bluetooth user and I'd like the feature back.

A link or instructions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
    06-25-08 05:47 PM
    get the desktop and device manager and then when u have the new software sychronize with your bb and all the programs that have been delted should be restored. the files you need are knjecde and the net.rim.bb.vad.cod to use the function.
    06-25-08 05:50 PM
    I've already done a search and haven't found the answer on how to restore the voice dialing function to my 8310. I deleted it sometime ago but now I'm converting to a bluetooth user and I'd like the feature back.

A link or instructions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
    From CA? I hate using bluetooth headsets but I don't want a ticket.
    06-25-08 05:52 PM
    Not from CA but our city just passed a law that "distracted drivers" such as those using handsets while driving can/will be ticketed. Time to convert....

Okay--I have dm and device manager. I've tried the backup restore advanced options--but I don't have the files needed. I guess I need to get the files from somewhere--I'll keep searching.
    06-25-08 05:57 PM
    Quick Question---

If I update the OS will that restore all default programs? I'm thinking that it would be the easiest way to go in terms of getting Voice Dialing back....

Thoughts? Thanks again for the advice so far--it's helping me.
    06-25-08 06:21 PM
    Quick Question---

If I update the OS will that restore all default programs? I'm thinking that it would be the easiest way to go in terms of getting Voice Dialing back....

Thoughts? Thanks again for the advice so far--it's helping me.
    yes reinstalling the os will put vd back on your phone
    06-25-08 06:42 PM
    *crossing fingers* Okay--here we go! Updating OS to 4.2.2.194 from 4.2.2.184.

I did a back up two nights ago as a matter of practice.

THANKS TO Y'ALL!
    06-25-08 07:03 PM
    From CA? I hate using bluetooth headsets but I don't want a ticket.
    Why? Do you think CA is special? :P In other states this is already commen. Well I can talk for IL anyway. In IL it was a law last year to use hands free in Chicago. It went statewide in January. CA is only catching up for once.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-25-08 08:39 PM
    IT LIVES!!!! Upgrade went flawlessly. I love blackberry! I love crackberry too!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-25-08 08:53 PM
    sweet !!! glad it worked
    06-25-08 10:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD