Hello,

I just got a curve 8310 for a friend and apparently the previous owner uninstalled the BB messenger. I've read in a couple of sites that the only way to solve this is to reinstall the device software from scratch and the BB messenger will be reinstalled with it.

I tried downloading some installation file from blackberry.com but it doesn't work at all, always says something like "couldn't install version because software doesn't support, etc."

Does somebody know what specific software I must download for this to work?

Software specs:
    ---
    V4.5.0.110 (Platform 2.7.0.90)
    Cryptographic KErnel v3.8.5.32a
    Micro Edition Configuration: CLDC-1.1
    05-12-09 07:38 AM
    You are correct, the only way to restore deleted software is by rebuilding the device OS software.

There are two components. The first is BlackBerry Desktop Manager which must be installed on the support computer. The later versions are preferred, v4.6 English without Media Manager above others.

Second is you device OS software. You can selete either your carriers supported version or a more developed version accpeted by an alternate carrier.

Once this has been done, it will allow you total control over your device.

Sit! Stay! Good 'Berry.
    05-12-09 10:02 AM
    You are correct, the only way to restore deleted software is by rebuilding the device OS software.

There are two components. The first is BlackBerry Desktop Manager which must be installed on the support computer. The later versions are preferred, v4.6 English without Media Manager above others.

Second is you device OS software. You can selete either your carriers supported version or a more developed version accpeted by an alternate carrier.

Once this has been done, it will allow you total control over your device.

Sit! Stay! Good 'Berry.
    Ok. So is there a site where I can find a list of available device software for 8310??? I can't find it on blackberry.com
    05-13-09 10:27 AM
    Each carrier must verify and sign-on to acceptance of the device software.

This link will allow you to download the latest version of carrier accepted software for the 8310.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/new...-124-a-137570/

If you prefer to stay with your clients carrier software:

BlackBerry - BlackBerry Desktop and Device Software Download Sites

05-13-09 10:35 AM
    Each carrier must verify and sign-on to acceptance of the device software.

This link will allow you to download the latest version of carrier accepted software for the 8310.

If you prefer to stay with your clients carrier software:

Thanks for the quick response but for some reason the device stayed exactly the same, even after loading the software for about 30 minutes. I did everything exactly as the threat indicated but it's like nothing happened.

I didn't even have to restore after installation.

Any thoughts?
    05-15-09 08:31 AM
    It probably automatically backed up and restored your device for you. Start desktop manager and go to applications loader. Add/remove. Once the list populates look for blackberry messenger and make sure there is a check in the box for it. Pick and choose what other apps you prefer also. Follow the prompts to completion.
    05-15-09 08:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD