Alright so I was trying to sync my BB with either the mac or PC trying to transfer over my 200+ contacts and there was some sort of upgrade that I needed to do to the actual blackberry. Now I don't have the browser icon or know where to find it. Is there anyway that I can restore the previous settings or redownload the browser (and not loose all my contacts. Thanks
    06-04-08 10:33 PM
    You don't need to reinstall anything, I think
    Try this: options > settings > advanced options > host routing tables > press menu and select register now.
    06-04-08 10:44 PM
    That brought the icon back but now it just shows the blackberry logo and wont load anything else. Ill just give verizon a call tomorrow morning to see what else I need to do. Thanks for the help!

EDIT: Just did a restart now its working. Thanks for the help.
    06-04-08 10:51 PM
    One last thing, log into your bis site and resend your service books.

If that doesn't work, then yes give VZW a call.

Let me know how it works out.
    06-04-08 10:54 PM
    will that make it go faster? It seems to be slower than before, but Ill try that and if not give verizon a call. Thanks again for the help
    06-04-08 10:59 PM
    yep it seems to be back to normal. First day ever with a blackberry and after seeing the browser gone and getting an error message, I was a little worried at first haha
    06-04-08 11:04 PM
    yep it seems to be back to normal. First day ever with a blackberry and after seeing the browser gone and getting an error message, I was a little worried at first haha
    Happened to all of us at one time or another. Definitely one of those WTF moments.
    06-04-08 11:10 PM
    Welcome to the wonderful world of CrackBerry.

Any time, day or night, your problem is our command.
    06-04-08 11:11 PM
    Well I didnt search this topic yet, but happen to know (im sure you guys do) how to turn off the duplicate messages (when an email is sent to the @vzw.blackberry.net account, the same message also shows up in the message folder). Any way to turn it off (i tried the filters but screwed it up) so only my texts show up in the message folder. Thanks for all the help

EDIT: I think i got it, under the options, where its Handheld, Mailbox&Handheld, and Prompt. What does each one do?
    06-04-08 11:39 PM
    had the same problem thanks for the help re-registering fixed it
    06-05-08 12:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD