Hey guys -

I currently have a Verizon Blackberry Pearl 8830. I'm eligible for an upgrade. What do you guys reccommend? I thought about the Storm but after the reviews Im second guessing. Thanks for any input.
    02-21-09 07:53 PM
    Switch to Tmo and get a 8900. Booyah!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-21-09 07:57 PM
    If you're staying with Verizon, and you're just not into the whole Storm thingie, go for the Curve. Best thing is to go to the store and try them out and see which feels best to you
    02-21-09 08:01 PM
    for you its a decision between a touch screen and keyboard. This depends if you want to be able to type on a screen or a keyboard, now if your a texter like me you will not want the storm, the screen is going to keep getting smudged, you should go try them out at the store

Hey guys -

I currently have a Verizon Blackberry Pearl 8830. I'm eligible for an upgrade. What do you guys reccommend? I thought about the Storm but after the reviews Im second guessing. Thanks for any input.
    02-22-09 10:36 PM
    blackberry pearl 8830? the pearl is 8130 and there is the 8830 World edition. if 8130 and dont want a bigger phone, wait for the pearl flip... if you have the 8830 then either storm or curve... with the newer software updates the store is good though
    02-22-09 10:38 PM
    Switch to Tmo and get a 8900. Booyah!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    yeah get a great blackberry with a non 3g network and hate the slowness of the device, lol

i cant argue with my curve. does everything i need it for pluss more
    02-22-09 10:42 PM
    I dont mean to hijack the thread, but im in the same boat KIND OF, I have the storm...***** me jumped into the storm without looking first, started having doubts but convinced myself i would like it but here i am about a week after my 30 day window and i feel that i made a mistake...I dont know if i want a curve now but i want to be sure cause itll be a $430 change if i want it...(thank god for tax returns) so figure ied throw this out there and get some opinions since my friends are telling me im crazy to switch (yes i know its my phone my opinion):

What I like about the storm
    :
    -HUGE screen
    -Very nice to scroll with a finger
    -like how it can PC view web sites (takes some time but will)
    -large menu icons

Dislikes:
    -Just doesn't seem very stable (granted its still new)
    ----NO I AM NOT INSTALLING .109 SORRY ITS MY ONLY PHONE I CANT AFFORD TO MESS WITH IT
    -gets very annoying trying to click on a link and all it does is zoom in (in browser)
    -I have a case with a magnet that puts it in sleep mode but if i pull my phone out for a call the screen scambles or the touch buttons may not appear
    -tired of it locking up when in browser every couple days
    -keyboard in calls (entering voice mail password) and in browser is very laggy

ive only played with a curve in stores for the last couple days but
    -very nice size
    -seems lighter (and smaller)
    -VERY stable (well from what ive seen)
    -the fact that if i switch (as far as i know) all i lose is touch screen/big screen/and PC view websites

Dislikes
    -itll cost full price lol
    -using a trackball/cursor to scroll web pages
    -no true pc view for web pages (as far as i could tell)
    -icons seemed microscopic compared to storm lol
    03-04-09 08:57 PM
    I have to agree if you truly have a pearl 8830 then maybe you should give the Curve a try.
    03-04-09 09:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD