need to override partner's bb to find out some information without rousing suspicion that I got in.

advice?
    07-17-10 05:16 AM
    Not going to happen. Wrong password enough times wipes the phone. If you need that sort of activity maybe you need a new partner.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-17-10 05:23 AM
    Or maybe the other guy needs to find a new partner?

07-17-10 06:17 AM
    Trust? Ever heard of it?
    07-17-10 06:44 AM
    Even if there was a way to do it, nobody here would post it. And if they did the mods would delete it and ban all involved parties.

But the biggest reason nobody will tell you how is that it can't be done. RIM is still successful inpart because of the proven security of their products.

If its a life partner then you should have an open discussion with them to communicate your concerns and suspicions, ask to see the device unlocked, use the outcome to judge the merit of continuing the relationship. You can try the same approach if its a business partner, but there's a lot less assumption of full and open sharing than in an intimate personal relationship.

07-17-10 07:27 AM
    I agree with Snarfler; what is the point of having a relationship (business or personal) if there is not enough trust to discuss things in the open? As far as bypassing the password on the Bold? Absolutely cannot be done. Why do you think military, CIA, etc. use blackberries? It is the stealth security that makes the blackberry a winner over any other device.
    07-17-10 08:09 AM
    There is only one way to get into a locked blackberry, and that is with the correct password that was assigned to the device. With out that information you cannot open up the berry.

Now there are two was to look a this. And then i'll post my personal opinion.

1) you need to trust whomever the party member in question is. you chose to be with them, and those chose to be with you. TRUST that you and they made the right decision and talk it out.
    2) ask for what you want to hear, because if it's not what you want, you will not believe them anyways then cut the ties and move on.

now my personal opinion.
    you are thinking this person is moving around your back, talking to other people and what not..... are you not just as guilty as them for wanting to hack into their berry?!?!?!?!

and sadly enough Blackberries are not bullet proof, GSM phones can be hacked regardless of the maker, CDMA phones are alot harder to hack but it can be done.

and the most secure device in the world makes blackberries "security" look like tinker toys.
    07-17-10 08:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD