I currently carry the Curve 8530 and have only one complaint--the keys are a punishment for 40+-year-old eyes. I'd like my next Blackberry to have larger keys. Any suggestions for my next model? TIA.
    03-29-11 09:48 PM
    My only suggestion

BlackBerry - Pearl 2 - New BlackBerry Pearl 9100 Candybar Smart Phone
    BlackBerry 9100 BB-101

Trust me you'll be very pleased with this device
    03-29-11 10:51 PM
    Well, I would say that the Bold9650 has the largest keys (unless you want a Bold 9000... even though that device is outdated).

The 9700/9780 has the same keys as the 9650, but the design makes the phone slimmer. I have a 9650 and love it!

Though, as Blade_27 said, you may be happy with the Pearl2 (Pearl 3G) because it has big keys, but a surepress keyboard (2 letters per key)
    03-29-11 11:00 PM
    Since you're on Sprint, I would also suggest the 9650 like the previous poster recommended.
    I wish the Pearl 3G came out on VZW, my dream device. Too bad it'll probably never happen. :/
    03-29-11 11:07 PM
    I currently carry the Curve 8530 and have only one complaint--the keys are a punishment for 40+-year-old eyes. I'd like my next Blackberry to have larger keys. Any suggestions for my next model? TIA.

It's not a Blackberry but you and your old eyes are the main demographic for this phone. The Jitterbug!
    03-29-11 11:16 PM
    The Style 9670 has the biggest keyboard... It's not a huge difference, but technically its slightly larger than the 9650... it's just a little flatter due to the flip form factor. The keys are still sculpted like the Bold, but they're not as tall.
    03-30-11 03:25 AM
    i dislike huge keyboard.
    Umm... what does that have to do with the OPs question? This topic isn't about who likes what keyboard... the OP said he NEEDS a larger keyboard and was asking for suggestions....
    03-30-11 04:13 AM
    I hear that. I'm, well, let's just say beyond 40++, and I can't see even the Bold 9000 keyboard without glasses. Gets frustrating at times for sure, but you might not have any choice but to go visit your favorite optometrist.
    03-30-11 04:22 AM
    Actually, forgot to post this orginally... but my dad, who is in his early 70s has a Tour (which has the same keyboard and design as the Bold 9650) and he is able to see the keyboard and letters just fine. (he has some other problems with the technology, but the keys aren't hard to see hahaha)
    03-30-11 04:27 AM
    I had a few friends that had the same issue and I got them to try out my torch and they loved the on screen keyboard. Not sure it would work for you, and you would have to change carriers, but it worked for them. They also enjoyed the larger screen because they could make the text larger and still have what they wanted on their screen. And it is good news for me because I just got glasses yesterday so i guess I am heading down the same road
    03-30-11 06:06 AM
    If you memorize the keys you shouldn't need to see them too often. If you can't see the keys you really need an eye exam and glasses. If you have glasses, put them on. If you look like a dork, get contacts. If you can't afford to get contacts, quit whining or go make some money to get them.

Just kidding.
    03-30-11 06:10 AM
    If it is something you need right now, pretty much the options are Curve and Bold. It would be nice to see the Pearl come out in CDMA, but I haven't seen a roadmap with the Pearl on it.

If you can wait until this summer, the Monaco might be an answer. It'll be an on-screen keyboard (since it is full touch-screen), but the larger screen and landscape keyboard might be what would work for you.
    03-30-11 09:52 AM
    Well, I would say that the Bold9650 has the largest keys (unless you want a Bold 9000... even though that device is outdated).

The 9700/9780 has the same keys as the 9650, but the design makes the phone slimmer. I have a 9650 and love it!

Though, as Blade_27 said, you may be happy with the Pearl2 (Pearl 3G) because it has big keys, but a surepress keyboard (2 letters per key)
    +1 for the Bold (i bet you can find a 9000 cheap on eBay)
    03-31-11 02:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD