OK so I've had my BB for about 2 weeks now and I've called sprint 3 times since the "trained" group of BB people seem to all have a different answer to my question and none of them have been able to help. I'm really hoping to get an answer here if you all could be so inclined to help a newbie

Alright so here's the big question. I had a treo previously and when I went to my browser it would remember info I had put into the fields before like my usernames and zipcodes...things like that. I've been told that this is not something that the blackberry can do. I'm really hoping that it's a cookie thing but my cookies are enabled. Does anyone have any idea what the deal is? It's a pain to enter in username all the time!! Sorry I'm spoiled

Thanks everyone
    Last edited by kbastic; 05-26-08 at 06:45 PM. Reason: changed title
    05-26-08 06:15 PM
    I know the feature, but it has not been implemented in BlackBerrys browser.

What does Windows call it, auto-complete?

I just verified, BlackBerrys AutoText is not used for Browser input fields, pity.
    Last edited by Stoner; 05-26-08 at 07:22 PM.
    05-26-08 07:20 PM
    thanks stoner...that's hard to accept but the BB is still waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than the Treo so I will get over it lol
    05-26-08 07:25 PM
    Hmm, I automatically sign into the web-sites that I visit from the BB. Have you selected "remember me" when you sign in?
    05-26-08 07:30 PM
    yes I click that but many times it is not an option on some sites I visit...

Thanks for the suggestion though
    05-26-08 07:35 PM
    I saw a post about a new app called BB Wallet. I know it holds cc info and addys for shopping via the bb browser, but I'm not sure if it will automatically sign you in to the site or not. If i find it again I will post link here
    05-26-08 08:29 PM
    05-26-08 08:32 PM
    Nice fined, very slick download directly to the device. Free BlackBerry developed software, the slick integration show they really know their way around the api.

I am experimenting with it now, but one of the features is storing Login Credentials. This might be a workable solution.

Next question, does it backup correctly?

Opps, not quite ready for prime time.
    Last edited by Stoner; 05-26-08 at 08:55 PM.
    05-26-08 08:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD