So I just got my Storm 2 yesterday, and let me first say it is AMAZING The send key doesn't work though, so I am taking it back later today and getting a replacement.

Until then, I have a question about wifi. My ip address on my S2 says all 0s, and therefore won't let me connect to my router. Has anyone had this problem, and know how to fix it?
    11-08-09 02:33 PM
    So I just got my Storm 2 yesterday, and let me first say it is AMAZING The send key doesn't work though, so I am taking it back later today and getting a replacement.

Until then, I have a question about wifi. My ip address on my S2 says all 0s, and therefore won't let me connect to my router. Has anyone had this problem, and know how to fix it?
    Well starting at the beginning, have you gone to Manage Connections and turned WiFi on? Go to setup wifi netwok and search for networks. Select yours. If you're using a WPS-compatible router you can just login to your router via its web interface, go to WPS configuration, and enter the PIN that's displayed on your S2. If not, enter your PSK and try to connect. Once connected your wifi symbol on your home screen should turn from grey to white.

Let us know if that doesn't work for you.
    11-08-09 02:46 PM
    Well starting at the beginning, have you gone to Manage Connections and turned WiFi on? Go to setup wifi netwok and search for networks. Select yours. If you're using a WPS-compatible router you can just login to your router via its web interface, go to WPS configuration, and enter the PIN that's displayed on your S2. If not, enter your PSK and try to connect. Once connected your wifi symbol on your home screen should turn from grey to white.

Let us know if that doesn't work for you.
    K well I bet that will work, when I fix the actual problem lol. Apparently since my laptop that I have the router hooked up to is old as dirt, the laptop stopped being able to connect to the internet. THANK GOD it is only on the laptop though haha. So when I fix that problem, I will most definitely try your solution, thanks

On a different note, I realized that when I was at the Verizon store, they had not transferred over my contacts like I asked them to do. So I decided to hook up my pearl s2 to my computer, and transfer all the data (as there was no way that I could find to just transfer address book). Not a good idea! Because now alot of the settings that I had on my s2 that I loved, got reset to my pearl settings had to go back and change most of them lol. But there is one thing that is still annoying me... My contacts did not get transferred! Ugh. Well, I guess that's what I get for trying to do it myself lol.

Good thing I'm getting my replacement tomorrow (didn't have time today) and get to start fresh
    11-08-09 08:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD