Hey,
    I just upgraded to a bold today from a curve 8300, i have all my contacts backed up on my computer but i am having a hard time trying to figure out out to get them on my bold, is it that the older desktop software for the 8300 wont work with the bold? Because when i plug my bold up to the old desktop software it isnt even recognizing it. any help would be great, thanks!
    11-05-08 10:12 PM
    yea you can try upgrading to DM 4.6, actually you should do that anyway. after that you can just do a restore and get all your contacts
    11-05-08 10:32 PM
    im not saying gregs wrong for suggesting you to do that...but if i were you i would just sync the contacts to outlook and then sync up the bold. just to be on the safe side. if there is anything wrong AT ALL with the software on the curve you dont want it getting into your new toy :-)
    11-06-08 12:27 AM
    See cuban, I don't use outlook, so that's why I didn't sugest that

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-06-08 01:58 AM
    I wanted to change this a bit.

If you dont use outlook and are able to get a comma separated file directly from the program your exporting the comma separated can be imported into many programs that you might be able to sync with or even possibly import directly back through the program.

I don't want to guarantee this cause I haven't really used the current syncing software. (business syncing works a little different)
    11-06-08 02:01 AM
    Look for the program ABC Amber Blackberry Editor. It's free and lets you open up bb backup files and edit contacts. Not saying this will be your final answer but it sure is a path in the right direction. You should be able to open your old backups and possibly export those contacts out to the new one.
    11-06-08 09:04 AM
    It worked, thanks a lot everyone
    11-06-08 10:20 AM
    Glad to hear it worked. Enjoy your new phone.
    11-06-08 11:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD