Sorry but please dont be afraid of speaking in very simple terms to me. I have recently bought an 8310 curve. The OS I have is I think 4.2.2.181 I need to update this . I am on o2 in the uk but the phone was unlocked and unbranded ( it was bought in Germany I beieve - I have changed the language - but the voice dialing still speaks to me in German ! )
    How do I update this - what is the link and how do I go about getting this onto my BB please.

A million thanks in advance - and please speak to me in simple terms !!

Thankyou - Robin
    07-04-09 11:23 AM
    Upgrading your OS is not difficult, but it is not trivial either. It will be much easier to do, and you will be much more likely to be successful, if you first get some basic familiarity with your BlackBerry. A good way to do that is to perform the CrackBerry Memory Optimization Procedure that's linked in my sig. Created by Forums Moderator Reed McLay, it will show you how to find and install your device OS on your PC, (which you have to do to upgrade your OS) and will help you optimize your free memory. It's a terrific tutorial procedure. Once you've done that, and understand what's going on, upgrading your OS will be much easier.
    07-04-09 11:54 AM
    Jeff - thankyou so much for your help. I will have a good look at the link now
    07-04-09 11:57 AM
    All updated now woot !
    07-04-09 01:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD