I'm an *****. I went swimming last week and dumb me, my beloved 9900 was still in my pocket. I noticed something was wrong when it electrocuted my leg. I immediately pulled out the battery, the sd card, and sim card to no avail. I even tried soaking it in rice. It won't turn on.

Luckily I was able to salvage the sd card with my pics. However, the thing I need the most right now are my contacts. I have an iphone 4 that I will use temporarily until I could get a new BB but I really need my contacts.

So I know that a transfer is possible through desktop manager but again, the device won't turn on at all. I have a backup bbb file from about a month ago that I can use. I googled everything and the only apps available are paid only but I would rather not pay and then find out later that it's not doable.

Is there any possible way I could use my bbb file and convert it to my iphone for free? I only need the contacts.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!
    04-21-14 03:33 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry!

You could try this:-

. do a copy your backup file to a different folder

. rename the copy of the backup file from .bbb to .ipd

. download this software BlackBerry Contacts Extractor - Browse Files at SourceForge.net

. run the software

. if it works you will then have a copy of your contacts in .csv format

. then import that .csv file (if it needs some editing, do it on a copy of the .csv file) into gmail* https://www.google.com.au/search?q=h...LYbgkgX3yYDQAg

. then sync your gmail* to your iphone.

* gmail or another email with that facility
    04-21-14 05:18 AM
    If you had an email like Gmail on your BlackBerry then just put it on your iPhone.

Good luck

Posted via CB10
    04-21-14 07:41 AM
    04-21-14 04:18 PM
    I tried running the setup file for the extractor program but it won't run.

Also tried syncing google/gmail contacts but it won't sync. I'm sure that I've synced bb with google before.

Any other ideas?

Thanks.
    04-21-14 10:22 PM
    Some tips in net tell you that you can transfer contacts from balckberry to iPhone via Gmail. That is to say, you firstly backup contacts in BB to Gmail via Blackberry desktop software. After that,On your iPhone, go to Settings -> Mail, Contacts, Calendars. Select ‘Add Account’ and select ‘Microsoft Exchange’. Enter your Gmail username and password when you’re asked. Now, in the ‘Server’ field, type "m.google.com" and select ‘Yes’ to sync contacts and calendars. Restart your iPhone and you will see that all BB contacts are in iPhone.
    07-30-14 02:19 AM
    To transfer BlackBerry contacts to iPhone:
    - Connect your old Phone to iTunes on your PC/Mac and sync - In the Info menu, ensure your contacts are set to sync
    - In the iTunes device list: Right click on your iPhone and select 'Backup' from the context menu allow the backup to complete.
    - Connect your new iPhone to iTunes (on the same computer you used to back up your current iPhone)
    - iTunes will ask you if you want to 'Restore from a backup' or set up your new iPhone as a new phone.
    - Select 'Restore from a backup' - Choose the most recent backup of your current iPhone (if prompted)
    - Sync your new iPhone to receive the backup information and your contacts.
    09-28-14 08:39 AM