Hi i was in for advice my contract is up with verizon and my phone broke and is now not ensured. my dad says he will take me to the verizon store today and get me the bold 9650. i am aware that the bold touch is comming out for att soon should i wait im not sure if i can. also the buttons the the touch are they touch sensitive or actuall buttons? what should i do, thanks
    04-30-11 10:34 AM
    Well if you are completely without a phone, then I say make the purchase (unless you have a back up phone). The reason for this is, the device won't be released until end of may or early june (based on rumours). And the last time I checked, the carriers only allow 14-30 days to return/exchange one device for another.

However, I do think it is worth the wait. The phone is a huge upgrade (hardware and software) when compared to the 9650.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-30-11 10:41 AM
    i have no back up phone, if i were to buy it now then return it in 30days get a new phone then return that untill the touch comes out?
    04-30-11 10:48 AM
    Call VZW customer service and explain your conundrum (don't go into a brick and mortar store), and see what they can offer you. I do all my business with VZW over the phone and have had them bend over backwards when they didn't have to, to make things easier for me. But then too I'm a VIP customer, so your mileage may vary.
    04-30-11 10:48 AM
    i have no back up phone, if i were to buy it now then return it in 30days get a new phone then return that untill the touch comes out?
    Verizon only allows exchanges for 14 days

The 9650 is a solid phone and you can't go "wrong" with it, I love mine and it works perfectly... but I can certainly understand the lure of the Bold Touch.

Like rmjones101 said, maybe explain your situation to a Verizon rep and see if they can work something out for you... ?
    04-30-11 11:15 AM
    if i return it with in the 14 day period, and then get a new one does my 14 day restart?
    04-30-11 11:18 AM
    what about if i get a blackberry and if they announse it next week return it and activate my sisters old env2 untill the new bold comes out?
    04-30-11 11:26 AM
    if i return it with in the 14 day period, and then get a new one does my 14 day restart?
    No, I think you get "one exchange" only...

But they do want your business, so they might bend the rules if asked
    04-30-11 11:39 AM
    You should purchase a used device now and then get a new BlackBerry when they are released. The release is likely still several months out.
    04-30-11 11:50 AM
    I agree with Motorcycle Mama, you cannot count on the release date being within a month (or even 2 or 3) so your best option is to beg, borrow, or buy a used phone for the interim to use until the Bold Touch comes out.
    FYI: Verizon's return policy is 14 days and you only get one return allowed as other posters have indicated. Plus there is a $35 restocking fee for returned phones, that money is better spent on a used phone that can then act as your backup when you get the Bold Touch.
    04-30-11 02:37 PM
    Would it be worth the wait? spec wise is this something much more advanced that will make a HUGE difference in a year?
    04-30-11 03:04 PM
    Would it be worth the wait? spec wise is this something much more advanced that will make a HUGE difference in a year?
    Aside from the specs, it'd be a different experience with the touch screen too. How important is the touch interface to you? Worth waiting for?

Specs, well I'd guess the faster hardware is needed to run the fancier OS smoothly. But in the end, even if it's 100x faster with 150 GB of memory, it won't make a call or send a text any faster than a 9650
    04-30-11 03:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD