Hi ive just bought 2gb memory card "Sandisk" and I need to know how to install videos, music, and pics on it, Ive tryed media manager but doesnt really work. PLease give me a few detailed ways how to install it plzz
    08-24-08 12:36 AM
    Mass Storage Mode lets you drag and drop files to/from your computer to your BlackBerry Media Card. You enable it as follows:

Status / Options / Media Card
    Media Card Support: On
    Encryption Mode: your choice
    Mass Storage Mode Support: On
    Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected: Prompt

Plug the BlackBerry into a USB port, answer Yes to the prompt, and the BlackBerry Media card will show up as a disk drive in My Computer. Then you can drag and drop.

Media Manager and Mass Storage Mode are mutually incompatible. If you want to run Media Manager, turn off Mass Storage Mode. But for most purposes, Mass Storage Mode is much better than Media Manager. The only time you really have to use Media Manager is once, to get pictures out of your device memory. Mass Storage Mode can't see the device memory. Once the pictures are on the Media Card, Mass Storage Mode will let you drag and drop between the BlackBerry and your PC.

In Rim's implementation of microSD cards, they're used for ringtones, videos, music, and pictures. (That's why Rim calls them Media Cards, even though they're sold as microSD cards.) You can also use one as a memory stick, like a USB disk, using Mass Storage mode, but you can't access those files from the BlackBerry without 3rd party software. You can't run apps from one, yet.
    08-24-08 12:46 AM
    ok I dragged the files to "Blackberry" drive from my computer and it still doesnt show the files in BB. Where can those files be found on BB? Because when I go to media on BB and then i got on music it only says "up" "preloaded file" and "Device memory"
    08-24-08 12:52 AM
    If you formatted the media card in the blackberry, it will have Music, Videos, Ringtones, and Pictures directories under Media Card. Double-click on Blackberry and find the correct folder for what you're moving and put the items in it. Blackberry expects you to follow its directory structure. You can't put pictures in the music directory, for example, and have the BlackBerry find them.

You can press Media / Menu / Explore on your BlackBerry to see the directory structure. Just be sure to disconnect from your computer first.
    08-24-08 12:57 AM
    thanks I now have it on my BB thank you so much!
    08-24-08 12:59 AM
    hi, i have a problem with my 2 Gb sd memory, i put it on my BB 8820, the card inserted notification appears but dont' appear the data on the media.
    i go to the media card options and a little red padlock appears, i can't turn on the media card support

plz help me i dont know what to do
    thanks!
    09-27-08 03:55 PM
    It sounds like you have just run in to your company's IT Policy.

If you phone was supplied by your company then they can turn off taccess to the Media Card and all you would see is the little red padlock.

There is nothng that you can do about this. The phone does, after all, belong to your employer.

If the phone belongs to you then there are things that can be done about IT Policy removal.

Please do not attempt this if the phone belongs to your employer. Doing so is a fast way out of the company because the IT dept. can see that theri IT Policy has been removed.
    09-27-08 04:20 PM
    The red padlock means an IT Security Policy is controlling your phone. If you have an employer-provided phone, you won't be able to remove it. If you bought the phone used, and it's your personal phone and not on your employer's enterprise, you can remove the policy. Look for "How to remove an IT policy." There is more than one procedure available. The most comprehensive one is authored by cjcarbone. It's not the easiest to use, but it always works. Removing an IT policy is not easy, because they were never intended to be removed by users.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-27-08 04:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD