Please, can anyone tell me how to revert to stock OS? I have used the bblink thing and also done a hard factory reset from the phone, they both wipe the phone and return it blank but with the latest OS and not the original that came with it. I am tired of this 10.1 module, my battery doesn't go beyond 3hours on moderate use. Please I need some help.
    laketrout73 likes this.
    07-21-13 03:21 AM
    I believe with Link it will place only the latest OS available to you via your carrier.

Posted via CB10
    07-21-13 03:45 AM
    You'll need to download an autoloader OS, and run it.
    07-21-13 04:00 AM
    Isn't this already explained 100.000 times?

Posted via CB10
    07-21-13 04:45 AM
    Even when u decide to restore without a sim card in the phone???? How's it supposed to tell who your carrier is when u restore without a sim???
    07-21-13 06:57 AM
    Please costa, where can I get that? Been looking around to see if I can get one so I could have that saved on my system.
    07-21-13 06:58 AM
    [QUOTE=Asmooh;8861911]Isn't this already explained 100.000 times?

Show me where it was explained and I won't bother you with questions..cos it seems to me that you have no understanding of what I've just explained. I have tried using link and also doing a factory reset from my phone directly, only to find that it wipes the phone of all its content but leaves the same OS I am trying to downgrade....i installed the 10.1 updates and my phone has had a pretty f**ked up battery life ever since, so I need to return to the old OS versions but every wipe or restore I do returns with the new 10.1 updates. show me where it was explained and I'll simply try that out.
    laketrout73 likes this.
    07-21-13 07:02 AM
    I believe that in link there is an option to reload. This should reset your device to factory settings.

Posted via CB10
    07-21-13 09:36 AM
    I believe that in link there is an option to reload. This should reset your device to factory settings.

Posted via CB10
    Yes you're right that there's that option but I've been at it for over a week and it wipes the phone and purges it of everything but on startup, you have the same new OS version you're trying to get rid off while everything is brand new except the original OS. That's what I'm trying to get past.....
    07-21-13 11:06 AM
    Go to the BlackBerry developer site.

Download 10.1 update

Done.

Or take sashibar download the 10.0 update from your carrier.

Install it and you are back to stock.

Make sure you have full Os with rom

Posted via CB10
    07-21-13 11:26 AM
    Why don't you try a new version before downgrading to 10.0 ?
    07-21-13 11:40 AM
    07-21-13 11:43 AM
    I have never tried any of the leaks cos I've never had the balls to take the risk, apparently cos I don't wanna damage the phone. Could you help with the instructions and all the tools I need to get it set up on the phone? Thanks.
    Last edited by soapydarren; 07-21-13 at 12:36 PM.
    07-21-13 11:52 AM
    It is a simple process, but it feels daunting the first time you do it. Steps are:

1. Back up your phone via Link. Close link.
    2. Download the OS to your computer.
    3. Unzip the downloaded OS.
    4. Plug in your phone.
    5. Double click the unzipped file to start the autoloader.
    6. When autoloader is done and your phone has rebooted, unplug the phone and set up your accounts.
    7. Plug phone back in. Start Link and reload your apps, media, and data settings.

You are ready to go!

Posted via CB10 via my Z10
    07-21-13 01:18 PM
    This guy is just bad publicity to

BB Z10 rocks.
    07-21-13 04:03 PM
    I have never tried any of the leaks cos I've never had the balls to take the risk, apparently cos I don't wanna damage the phone. Could you help with the instructions and all the tools I need to get it set up on the phone? Thanks.
    Read the thread with the leak all Information is inside and a lot of great CB ppl to help... Just make shure you got the newest version of BlackBerry Link on your PC....
    07-21-13 04:37 PM
    Read the thread with the leak all Information is inside and a lot of great CB ppl to help... Just make shure you got the newest version of BlackBerry Link on your PC....
    Many thanks to you all....i had made an attempt and only partially succeeded. I've been trying to restore from my back up and link says the backup isn't compatible with the OS on the device....im still in awe cos I dunno what BlackBerry is up to. I decided to get rid of the leaked OS and downgraded instead, thinking I got that error message cos the OS wasn't official and to my surprise, instead of restoring to factory settings, link said I needed to update to the 10.1.0.273, which i did. Tried the restore from the back up again and got the same error....what a firm. I'm leaving it with this for now to see if the battery life would improve, as this was the OS i had before the update that ruined everything. I will manually get the backed up contents back to date....since I can't restore. I'll still welcome any suggestions that would help though. Thank you.

Posted via CB10
    07-22-13 07:12 AM
    Are you sure you are not hitting reload. When I want to restore my device, I am given the opportunity to pick which backup I want to restore. If you are having problems with Link not completing a restore, there may be a corruption in your backup. Also, you can go into the settings on Link and you can fine tune your restore to do all (applications, settings, data) or you can set your restore to load only one of the three or any combination thereof.

I would suggest that you select applications to see if you can restore those. Might save you some time trying to do it manually. Question: how often do you backup your phone? I do mine once a week. That way, if something does get corrupted, I can pick a backup to restore that predates the corruption.

There are a lot of good people on CrackBerry. I'll do what I can to help you out.
    07-22-13 10:45 AM
    RELOAD not RESET
    Yes you're right that there's that option but I've been at it for over a week and it wipes the phone and purges it of everything but on startup, you have the same new OS version you're trying to get rid off while everything is brand new except the original OS. That's what I'm trying to get past.....
    07-22-13 03:39 PM
    Off OP topic question, will the Reload OS in Link reload a z10 with the carrier's most up-to-date os version or will it keep the os version that is installed on the phone (leaked or other wise)
    07-26-13 11:39 PM