Hey Everyone - I am new here to the site, as well as the blackberry world, and find it to be a great source of valuable opinions and information. It is for that reason that I am writing this post.

I am in the process of looking for a new cell phone and have made the decision to make the move from regular cell phone to blackberry. It will be used for both work purposes and personal use. I have never used a blackberry in the past, and would not consider myself to be extremely tech savy. I am locked into using Verizon as the phone is through my work, so many of the BB phone options I know don't apply. I have primarily been looking at either the Curve 8330 or the Storm 9530. I know that the Tour will be coming out soon also, but don't know if I will be able to wait until potentially July/August for it to come out. At this point, I am probably leaning towards the storm, but want to make sure that there are no major pitfalls could fall into before making my purchase.

I have spent a little bit of time at the store playing with the storm and 8330and liked both. Since I have no previous blackberry experience, I don't think that the adjustment to using the storm would be as big a deal as if I were moving from say a 8330 and using the physical keyboard.

Basically, I am looking for advice on the following:

- What things to look out for when buying a new device?
    - What are the pro's and con's with each of the items listed above that you have previously had. I know many of you have used both phones.
    - Has the OS for the Storm improved since it's release, or is it still having major problems/bugs?
    - Are there any major problems/issues to look out for with either phone?

Thanks in advance for everyone's help!
    05-03-09 03:18 PM
    You should check out my signature. Might help you out a bit in your decision.
    05-03-09 03:33 PM
    A lot depends on what you will most use your phone for. I have a curve, so I may be biased, but this is what I know. Many ppl wil say that if you txt/email a lot the keyboard makes that easier & quicker. If you depend on your phone for work, you may not want to deal with OS issues. And lastly, if you have an aversion to dirty looking, finger smudged screens, you may want to go with the curve.
    Good luck with your choice & don't forget you'll have 15 days to try 1 out & return it if you change your mind.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-03-09 06:10 PM
    Go to the store and try them out. I have friends that like the storm and another half that hate the storm. The tour looks good but nobody knows when it will be in stores. So see how you like the TouchScreen and go from there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-03-09 06:45 PM
    I hear the storm is bad and not in a good way. I say go for the Curve and see what your options are for upgrading to the Tour

Storm has issues Clicking on the screen that you can solve by putting a piece of paper under the battery.
    05-03-09 06:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD