Hi All,

I am looking for a blackberry that will allow me to take video & pictures and send either within an MMS message. Also I would need to be able to connect it to a laptop and use as a modem (teathering). Would be nice if it could connect using 3G., and do text messaging where i can see what i texted without having to goto the sent item box. Basically you see what you sent and what the other person is texting you on the same screen, like yahoo messenger. Would be nice if i could also use yahoo messenger on the phone.

Hopefully there is a blackberry that will do all the stuff above.

Thanks All
    01-22-09 10:38 PM
    Hello & Welcome.

I will start with the "threaded sms" (yahoo msgr like)... you can download 3jam or bbtext2im. There is a trial for both.

If you want a Blackberry with 3g, you would need to switch carriers. AT&T, Sprint and Verizon all have berries with 3g. AT&T with the bold, which has the simultaneous voice and data, making it the only blackberry able to accomplish this using the carrier's network and not wifi. Sprint and Verizon have the 87xx, Pearls and Curves. Verizon also has the Storm.

You can pretty much tether with any and all berries, but on EDGE (T-mobile), you may end up wanting to shoot yourself.

01-22-09 11:14 PM
    And Sprint, at this time, does not allow MMS. I have gotten around that problem, just a little slower.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-22-09 11:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD