So here is the situation i live in the country where no high speed internet is available . I bought a blackberry curve and want to use it as a modem . i took it home bought a brand new pc and hooked it up it did work but very slow . It of course botherd me so i took it too my fathers house with my pc and hooked it up he lives in the city it worked great and it was plenty fast .
    So what im asking is why where i live it is so slow and so fast where he lives and at both places when i start vz accsess it shows the same amount of signal in both places . any ideas ?
    06-13-08 12:21 AM
    Maybe the towers where you live don't support highspeed cell phone access?
    06-13-08 12:35 AM
    are both locations with in the REv-a/EVDO coverage area?
    06-13-08 12:37 AM
    im not sure how i would tell on the broadband map on the verizon sight it says my location is in the blue , lol if that means anything do you know how i would check that
    06-13-08 01:08 AM
    Just seems like the 2 location don't support the same coverage area as far a data speeds are concerned.
    06-13-08 08:51 AM
    Welcom to CrackBerry!!

Seems like your problem has to do with the coverage in the 2 areas, nothing else would affect this.

You have the same signal in both places?? Then it is apparent that one of the locations supports the high-speed data access network and the other location does not Sorry
    06-13-08 09:10 AM
    Welcom to CrackBerry!!

Seems like your problem has to do with the coverage in the 2 areas, nothing else would affect this.

You have the same signal in both places?? Then it is apparent that one of the locations supports the high-speed data access network and the other location does not Sorry
    I agree!!!!!
    06-13-08 09:13 AM
    Thanx you guys rock
    06-13-08 11:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD