We transferred my sons unlocked 9700 service to Fido from Rogers. I've been on the phone for the last 24 hours with Fido,Rogers and RIM Tech support (through Fido Tech support) multiple times. To summarize, the Pin has been released, the right BB data plan is in place, tried the HRT at least a dozen times, tried registering the Pin and IMEI as many times but still can't register the device to Fido/Blackberry service.

Rogers has confirmed twice that the PIN has been released but RIM and Fido show the PIN is still on another carrier ie. Rogers.

How long can it take to have a PIN transit/clear the network so it can be reregistered? I've heard it can on occasion take a couple of days. Can anyone confirm or deny this? I know it supposed to be immediate but.....

Any insight or alternative suggestions would be appreciated. BTW the voice and SMS work on Fido which just confirms that the phone is unlocked.

Thanks to all who can help
    07-14-10 06:53 PM
    The transfer should be automatic. If you previously had service with Rogers I would
    suggest giving them a call as they seem to be the hanging point in this equation.
    07-14-10 07:27 PM
    Thanks but I've talked to Rogers BB support twice and they have confirmed that it has been released at least on the front end (what the tech support sees). It has been suggested that it may be stuck and has not been replicated with the RIM server and could take a couple of days to clear.

Has anyone heard of this happening?
    07-14-10 07:38 PM
    We transferred my sons unlocked 9700 service to Fido from Rogers. I've been on the phone for the last 24 hours with Fido,Rogers and RIM Tech support (through Fido Tech support) multiple times. To summarize, the Pin has been released, the right BB data plan is in place, tried the HRT at least a dozen times, tried registering the Pin and IMEI as many times but still can't register the device to Fido/Blackberry service.

Rogers has confirmed twice that the PIN has been released but RIM and Fido show the PIN is still on another carrier ie. Rogers.

How long can it take to have a PIN transit/clear the network so it can be reregistered? I've heard it can on occasion take a couple of days. Can anyone confirm or deny this? I know it supposed to be immediate but.....

Any insight or alternative suggestions would be appreciated. BTW the voice and SMS work on Fido which just confirms that the phone is unlocked.

Thanks to all who can help

I experienced a similar issue myself when I went overseas with my Sprint 9630 Tour and used two different pre-paid BIS carriers over there.

Upon returning to the U.S., I couldn't register my e-mail with Sprint's BIS anymore (although everything else, including web browsing, and BBM worked perfectly) even after deleting the e-mail accounts on the prepaid carriers, and after talking to first and second level tech support at Sprint, I had to talk to RIM themselves and they fixed it for me by deleting my BIS account and making a new one from scratch..

My best advice is to just talk to RIM directly and forget the carriers (they should have given you a code to use with them so RIM won't charge you $50 for tech support), have someone there delete your BB's BIS Account and make a new one from scratch, they can oversee everything.
    07-14-10 08:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD