Copy/pasted over here since this seems to get more traffic than the WiFi forums.

Hi, all.

I've had my Bold for several weeks now and have run into a problem recently.

After reconfiguring my wireless router so I could use my Bold on it, the phone would very easily pick up the wifi signal and I had no problems surfing on wifi.

A couple of days ago, however, it started giving me problems. Now, when I go under Manage Connections and turn on wifi, it picks up the signal from the router, but the indicator next to it stays as a bold white line instead of turning into a green checkmark like it was doing. And it's doing the same thing at school. When I try to go under the wifi hotspot browser, it says something about not being able to connect a network (I can't remember right off; been a few hours since I tried). Any idea what could be causing this and how to fix it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-09-08 09:42 PM
    Also, this is the message it's giving me when I try to use the Hotspot browser:

"This is a Wi-Fi service. Please make sure your device as an active Wi-Fi connection and try again. "

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-09-08 09:46 PM
    this is happening to me too.

it works sometimes, then other times it doesnt
    its really beginning to **** me off

help please?
    12-10-08 12:56 AM
    this is happening to me too.

it works sometimes, then other times it doesnt
    its really beginning to **** me off

help please?

I suggest completely removing the WIFI profiles that are giving you the problems

stored passwords and all..

pull the battery
    when it comes back up re-add your networks and see if it works..

(on the school network you wont be- able to do this)

Also try rebooting the router..

if that doesn't work log into the router and completely disable the key (just for a bit) to see if the bold will connect. If it will connect when you have no key on the network it could be a authentication issue...

Or the lease on the router (the ip address that it gave the bold) may be having a issue renewing.. usually a router reboot would fix it.

let me know how it go's
    Last edited by noaim; 12-10-08 at 01:46 AM.
    12-10-08 01:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD