hey guys! ok so im a new blackberry user. i just got mine like a week ago!
    so long story shortt...i went to the beach...left my fone on the shore to go hav a swim...high tide came up so it got soaked in the water! i opened up the parts n left it in the sun for a while n kept trying to put the bettery back in but only the camera light comes on like a flashlight but the screen stays empty. i also put it on fresh water coz my frend told me i need to get the salt out..that all happened like 2 hours ago. now im home and i blowdried it like **** but its still not working! im freaking out really bad right now. need help asap! xxx

ps: the four gold things o the battery..one of them is not gold anymore and the white coating on the ball in the middle is gone too!!!

HELP! ='(
    06-27-09 11:27 AM
    its likely your phone is dead. You should leave it without the battery in it for days in bags of dry rice if your device got wet. Wetting it again is not really a good idea unless you used distilled water
    06-27-09 11:31 AM
    Sorry. I hope you've got insurance, because you'll likely need a new one. However, there's a chance that anything saved to your SIM card will still be there. Good luck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-27-09 11:52 AM
    You might have stood a chance if it was bottled water but due to the highly corrosive tendencies of seawater I'd say its probably a lost cause. Even if you are able to revive it that will most likely be only temporary.

06-27-09 11:56 AM
    I agree with grandpa. Once the corrosion process starts it's pretty much a done deal. Good luck to you...

06-27-09 12:05 PM
    To the OP, unfortunately you did all the wrong things.

You should have immediately taken the battery out and not put it back in for a least 5 days.

You should have immediately rinsed it with clear (preferably distilled) water to remove the salt.

You should NEVER blow dry it as this can push the water deeper.

You should have placed it in a sealed container of uncooked rice to help draw out the moisture.

Unfortunately by putting the battery back in so soon and with the salt still in it, you likely fried it beyond repair.
    06-27-09 12:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD