How do I keep "emails" from also showing up in my "messages" inbox ???

If someone sends me a text msg it goes to my "messages" box as it should.

If someone sends me an email, it goes to the appropriate "email" inbox as well as the "messages" inbox. I only want messages to go the message box, and emails to go to the email box. I don't want emails going into my messages box... 1) b/c its redundant and 2) b/c its taking up space showing up in two places.
    06-18-08 06:38 AM
    You can't. But you can seperate your emails and messeges.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/hand...s-emails-6035/
    06-18-08 06:45 AM
    O.K...... I followed the instructions and made the changes suggested in your earlier post, but I don't see where they are separated.

How are they supposed to be separated and what should I expect to see as a result of the separation ?
    06-18-08 07:00 AM
    You will have the standard Messeges folder and you will now also have a SMS/MMS folder in your full icon list. You should also still have the email folders for your accounts. If you like, you can hide the Messeges folder and just use the Account folders and SMS folder.
    06-18-08 07:03 AM
    That seems to have worked !

but just for my clarification, are you saying that ALL emails I receive will always automatically go to my messages box as well as my email inbox ? And there is nothing I can do about that ?
    If so, that messages box is going to get pretty full b/c I'm pulling three email accounts to my BB.

THANKS !!!
    06-18-08 09:37 AM
    Just download a theme that will separate your emails and text messages. I have a good one PIN me and I will send you the link. 31A44384
    06-18-08 02:33 PM
    That seems to have worked !

but just for my clarification, are you saying that ALL emails I receive will always automatically go to my messages box as well as my email inbox ? And there is nothing I can do about that ?
    If so, that messages box is going to get pretty full b/c I'm pulling three email accounts to my BB.

THANKS !!!
    I have 5 email addresses coming to my BB, and they all go to the main messages folder as well as each individual folder. Separating SMS and MMS from the Messages folder will help keep it a bit less cluttered.
    06-18-08 02:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD