I bought a pearl from Verizon in February and renewed my contract for two years. I was settling for the pearl because I hated the 8830s keyboard. Now that the Curve is released, I want it!! BUT, I'm not paying retail...

Anyone have any tips for me when I call VZW and tell them that I want the Curve at the 2-tear contract price? Maybe I should threaten to pay the ETF and go with "more bars in more places"
    05-06-08 06:49 PM
    Yes, how else can you avoid the retail??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-06-08 06:55 PM
    paying the etf and paying for a new contract with another carrier is probly still cheaper than full retail
    05-06-08 07:35 PM
    tell them that tmobile has wifi with their curve and see if they throw u a deal. when i moved from tmo dash to my blackberry curve and threatened them with the etf they said they can can cancel it right now so i was screwed with that so i was like i cant go from a dash from to something like a razr so they offered me a curve which i got in december and threw me a deal so try to use another phone and said that a downgrade from what i have u know
    05-06-08 08:12 PM
    I have a very funny loophole that worked for me...BUT TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!

I really wanted a sidekick, so i left VZW to get one...ported my number to TMo and got my sidekick. Took home my sidekick and it didnt work in my house at ALL!! So what did i do? Waited another day and went back to VZW and ported my number back. They told me that since i came back within 30 days they would credit the account the early term fee (if it had showed up on my bill). I got a whole new plan with new plan pricing, and although it wasn't my original intention to get a new phone with VZW(i really wanted the sidekick), it works. And they did bill me the Early cancellation fee, but as soon as i called, they took it right off the bill.

So this works out to be a very good deal. Before i got my BB pearl, i was going to port to TMo again for a day and port back just so i could get the promo pricing, but i have a very nice bf who decided to pay the full retail and gave it to me as a gift

This also worked for my bf he went to TMo as well and came back after he heard he could use the loophole to get a new phone through VZW. LOL so i mean do this at your own risk!!! But it DID work - this was about a year ago.
    05-06-08 08:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD