I can send/receive emails BUT I can't access my email account through the setup menu. What happens is, when I go into setup> email and touch email accounts(1)
    all I get is the picture of a clock for a brief second.
    If I try and hit the back button while in setup>email
    the screen freezes, only way for me to get out is to do a reboot.

Also if I enter my BBM, menu options, back up file remotely, it says "please try again later. You are currently being registered with blackberry messager service"

It been stuck there for over a month now.
    07-22-11 06:35 PM
    have you called your carrier to make sure your BIS is properly active?
    search on how to send your service books, that might also help.
    wormspromo likes this.
    07-22-11 06:56 PM
    yep.. and wiped my phone twice
    07-23-11 10:45 AM
    yep.. and wiped my phone twice
    Did you reflash your phone? I had some issues with setting up email on my phone previously, I managed to solve it by installing the latest software for my BB from my carrier (not what is recommended by blackberry desktop software). You can download them on blackberry website.

If the problem is not solved, I believe you can just do the set up on the computer, not the most perfect scenario I understand.
    wormspromo likes this.
    07-23-11 11:58 AM
    ya i been running on the latest software which i believe is:

BlackBerry Handheld Software v6.0.0.1907 (All Languages)

Package Version: 6.0.0.1907
    Consisting of:
    Applications: 6.0.0.448

I am just at the point of buy a new one.
    07-24-11 08:31 PM
    I am having the same issues. Last week had to have at&t send me a new phone under warranty due to speaker issues, Got the new phone did the whole set up thing and everything was cool however yesterday I tried to send a pic via mms and got a red x, said to my self "self, you arent getting gmail msgs either" tried to enter setup and the same thing. I also cant get my address book to sync? I just reinstalled OS and got no where! are you having any of the other problems as I or just the email?
    07-25-11 06:18 AM
    I am still having on and off email failures when sending and replying to emails. Several hours on the phone with backups and reloads of software. They keep blaming yahoo.
    07-29-11 02:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD