Good afternoon all,
    I am a sprint customer about to upgrade my phone. I currently own/use a Samsung Instinct, and while a great phone has proven unacceptable for my work right now. I am trying to decide between the Blackberry Curve and the Pearl. It needs to be able to do the following:
    *GPS Navigation
    *Picture Text/ Mail
    *Be able to pick up my gmail accounts/browse the web (necessary for work)
    *Texting (necessary for work)
    * A Flickr app
    * A Twitter app (necessary for work)
    * A Facebook app (necessary for work)
    Can you tell me which BB would be better for this? Thanks!
    09-21-09 01:17 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

You have come to the right place, I have both.

If tiny is critical, get the Pearl: If size matters, get the Curve.

Note: 3 simple sentences.
    09-21-09 01:24 PM
    Reed,
    Thank you for the reply. What I need to know is which is better for what I listed. Size isn't critical.
    09-21-09 01:28 PM
    Both are BlackBerrys, totally identical, except for size.

The Pearl is my constant companion, it is so tiny it vanishes into my pocket. I swap over to the Curve when I expect to use the larger screen to impress some people. But, it is larger and bulkier to carry.
    09-21-09 01:32 PM
    Im a curve man personally. I think it's a real classic BB (83xx series)that we'll see in use for years to come. My vote is the curve!
    09-21-09 01:37 PM
    I've never tried the Pearl but the Curve is faultless. Rugged little guy and I think you will like working on the qwerty better. Welcome.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-21-09 01:38 PM
    Welcome to CB my friend. If I were you, with that list of requirement, I would select the Curve for the full keyboard, which will make typing MUCH faster and easier.
    09-21-09 01:40 PM
    Thank you all for the replies I admit I am leaning towards the curve myself. One question and is a biggie for me, I need it to do picture text messges, will the curve do that? I don't think the pearl does.
    09-21-09 01:40 PM
    Picture Text Messages requries MMS. If your carrier supports it, all BlackBerrys do too.
    09-21-09 01:44 PM
    yup, so long as your carrier supports mms any blackberry will do. in terms of what your work necessities are i would definitely go with the curve...larger screen, qwerty keyboard, and an extremely solid device...hop into a store and play for a few minutes with each, it really all boils down to personal preference.
    09-21-09 02:07 PM
    I love my pearl but wish it had full keyboard and larger memory like the curve has .. I would go with curve if your thinking of having lots of apps

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-21-09 02:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD