Ok I just recently discovered vlingo and what an amazing app it really is. well my uncle has lost the use of his right arm due to a motorcycle accident. I am currently down here in mississippi taking care of him. He goes through at&t. I am through an ohio based provider (cincinnati bell)....now I have been wanting a 8330 since i played with one. He needs the suretype and vlingo and I want qwerty. My question is....can we get an 8330 through his provider and use my cincinnati bell sim card in it and put his at&t sim card in my pearl and give it to him.....basically just swapping sim cards? I know its prolly been discussed before but our situation is a little unique lol.
    11-18-08 06:14 PM
    you have to get the unlock codes for each phone from the provider whom issued it. after that you should have no trouble trading SIM cards
    11-18-08 06:23 PM
    do you think if I pled my case this is possible? as long as they arent losing customers....since we will still be using both of our same providers I dont see why they wouldnt help us out....they will still be making their money.
    11-18-08 06:25 PM
    You mean 8320? 8330 is a CDMA device and does not have a SIM card. For the 8120 to be used on a different GSM provider, you would need to have the SIM lock unlocked. There are threads around here explaining how to do it.
    11-18-08 06:26 PM
    ooooo so thats what the main difference is with the 8330 and 8320. So any provider that uses sim cards will not have these? sorry for all the newb questions....I guess that comes with the territory lol
    11-18-08 06:29 PM
    Not sure never done it but I seen on eBay, people selling unlock codes for BB phones. As to the authinticity of the codes and how well they work I never tried it myself. I can tell you a boy from St'louis was going to college here and knew my brother and that I was home all day so he had his provider up there mail him a new phone to my house and he came and picked it up that afternoon and swapped SIM cards and gave my son his old phone. You might could do that and your uncle get a 8110 or 8120 from AT&T probably cheaper than a Curve.
    11-18-08 06:32 PM
    There are two common cellular network types in North America. CDMA, and GSM. These networks do not interconnect. IE: You can't use a device from a GSM carrier on a CDMA carrier, or vice versa. The 8330 is a CDMA only device. The 8320 is the GSM version. I would highly suggest you talk to your carrier about what you want to do.
    11-18-08 06:37 PM
    If you read he has an 8120 a GSM phone his uncle is threw AT&T a GSM company so both take SIM cards you know his company gonna want that cash for sellin the curve so he need to find out about unlock codes

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-18-08 07:17 PM
    There are two common cellular network types in North America. CDMA, and GSM. These networks do not interconnect. IE: You can't use a device from a GSM carrier on a CDMA carrier, or vice versa. The 8330 is a CDMA only device. The 8320 is the GSM version. I would highly suggest you talk to your carrier about what you want to do.
    alright cool thanks for the info! I will contact them and see what all they say.
    11-18-08 09:17 PM
    If you read he has an 8120 a GSM phone his uncle is threw AT&T a GSM company so both take SIM cards you know his company gonna want that cash for sellin the curve so he need to find out about unlock codes

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

yes sir they gotta get that cash
    11-18-08 10:45 PM
    Just contact horizonwirelessonline.com for unlock codes. The 8310 has GPS and the 8320 has wifi. Not a problem at all to unlock any GSM bb for use on any GSM carrier.
    11-18-08 10:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD