Ok so i have a bb curve 8310 and it was given to me. The issue is i keep getting emails for the previous owners email accounts. How can i get to those emails to stop coming to my black berry? It was a ATT bb but had it unlocked and now its being used with TMOBILE. Been using it for last 6 months or so and never got emails from the old owners accounts until this weekend. can anyone help me?
    08-25-09 05:07 PM
    The original owner needs to contact the carrier and get the PIN removed from their account.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-25-09 05:11 PM
    the owner before doesnt have an account with att anymore.
    08-25-09 05:28 PM
    It doesn't matter, the PIN number is specific to each individual device, and is issued by RIM, not the individual carrier. However, the carrier has the ability to release the PIN that is specific to that particular device and issue it a new one for you to use for your account.

The PIN number is like your BlackBerry network phone number, it identifies your device on the BB network, so that you can receive e-mail, BBM messages, PIN messages, etc. Since the phone was given to you, the pin associated with the device is still setup to the previous owner's account, ATT needs to release it and issue you a new one specific for your account.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-25-09 05:38 PM
    Will ATT release pin and issue a new one if the person is no longer a customer of ATT?
    08-25-09 05:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD