Ok I'm really pissed here and hoping someone can help me. I just installed the newest OS 5.0 on my bb tour...all went fine until I noticed I had an envelope that just stayed at the top of my bb. Almost as tho I had a message but I couldn't find the message anywhere. I went to the verizon store and they looked at it and said it seemed as if something got stuck so they gave me the 800# to call and they would help me wipe my bb etc...I asked over and over again if I was going to lose my music and pix and they assured me I wasn't...so I was on the phone with this guy for 1 1/2 hours walking me thru this and the 5.0 is here and the envelope is gone...AND SO ARE ALL MY PIX AND MUSIC. Ya I'm really pissed cuz I thought backing up everything meant my pix and music also...like I was told...so now noone can help me get back any pix or music...if I backed this up where the **** are they and how do I get them back...I'm so pissed off now....someone please tell me I can get my pix and music back without sitting here for days and adding them 1 at a time...this is crap...PLEASE HELP!!!!
    01-05-10 07:18 PM
    your pix and music are stored on the media card check the media card to make sure it doesnt have errors because thats probably the problem a wipe would not erase anything off your media card
    01-05-10 07:34 PM
    When you back up your stuff it should be to backup settings and you can backup contacts. Sorry to say that music and pics can't be restored now. From now on save your pix and music onto your media card. It will save you time, energy and trips to the cellphone store.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-05-10 07:37 PM
    wow, so sorry to hear that. next time you have messages icon indicator stock to your bb follow these steps without losing your stuff.

steps: Connect your BB to your pc with Desktop Manager open. from Desktop manager select "Backup and Restore", then "Advance", then scroll down to "Messages" and select "Clear".

If you backup your phone using mass storages it should back up all your music/pic/contact's, ect...

You can find your backup file on "my computer/computer> Documents".
    01-05-10 07:44 PM
    When you back up your stuff it should be to backup settings and you can backup contacts. Sorry to say that music and pics can't be restored now. From now on save your pix and music onto your media card. It will save you time, energy and trips to the cellphone store.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I did back my pix and music up on my media card...my media card was wiped clean. I spoke with a lady last night from Verizon and she also said that they shouldn't have been wiped clean but because the 5.0 OS isn't released they don't know about all the bugs etc...blah blah...but when I went in to my media card to find them...there's nothing there...AT ALL...now I understand that some might just be saying so just load them all over again but its frustrating to me because alot of the pixs are of my brand new grandaughter not even 3 weeks old and of my son who is now in Afghanastan...so its heart breaking for me and I'll literally be here for days getting them back on and even longer with all my music.

I believe what happened was when I backed up everything in the destop manager it asks you about emails and media etc...well only the email one is automatically checked and we were told by the guy to check the others...if I hadn't checked the others I don't believe my card would have been wiped clean. or if I took my card out I wouldn't be in this position right now.

[U]So lesson to be learned by all[/U]...when doing a complete security wipe...do not check the media or other thing (sorry I can't recall what is was but only have the email thingy checked) and take your media card out of phone before total wipe.

Thanks for any of your help and letting me vent...
    01-06-10 04:08 AM
    Always backup up your phone on a regular basis to another device (computer) stored in a different location than where you phone normally resides. That is the only prevention for loss of data due to theft, fire, lost phone, etc.
    01-06-10 08:05 AM
    Backing up your phone does not backup pics and music. And 5.0 is not approved for the tour. So, VZW is correct in saying that they don't know how it will affect things on the tour. You put an unapproved OS on your tour. There is a reason it's unapproved. Because VZW hasn't tested it and passed that information on to tech support. I'm sorry you lost your data. But when you install an OS that has NOT been approved for your device, you do so at your own risk. I'm sorry. But I don't see where VZW is at fault here.
    01-06-10 03:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD