So I've never owned a blackberry myself but I love my boyfriends and I want to get one, but I don't know what to do about my contract. I have it with tmobile and on a family plan and I've only been on it for 6 months while my family has been on it for 17 months, if I got a blackberry what would happen? Would my contract extend? Do I have to pay the new 2 year plan price or the full price of the phone? Is there anyway to get the phone cheaper if I have to pay the full price? I've never had to deal with these things before so any comments are appreciated!!! Thanks!
    02-04-12 01:04 AM
    I think this is difficult for us to give you a accurate answer, since mobile changes often rely on marketing plans, for selected customers and devices ...

Have you tried to browse the Tmobile website ?
    It'll, once you're identified, suggest what kind of phone change you can do, at what cost and what conditions ...
    Alternatively, you may call them ...
    02-04-12 02:55 AM
    I agree with the poster above: you'd have to check with the carrier (online or call) to see what you can do. Do you currently own a smartphone or otherwise? You might have to stay true to your current Family Plan contract for a while; but I'm not sure about your carrier's procedures. Good luck!
    02-07-12 01:58 PM
    I'll tell you what the likely scenario you face is. When you upgraded 6 months ago, you resigned your two year commitment. You do not become eligible for full upgrade until you are 20 months into your 24 month commitment with T-Mobile. Therefore, you will have to pay full retail price for the handset of your choosing. This would not extend your contract because you have already extended it for the two year term. If someone else on your family plan is eligable for full upgrade, you can do what's called a cross upgrade where you use one of the available upgrades to upgrade the phone on your line. The line who's upgrade you use will be resigned for the two year commitment, but you will get the new handset. However, with you stating that the other lines are 17 months in, I doubt any of those are eligible for full upgrade, but they may have an early upgrade available.

As the others said, I would contact T-MO and see what they might be able to do for you. I'm guessing that you're still too early into this contract term for them to offer you an early upgrade, but heck anything is possible.
    02-07-12 02:04 PM
    pick up one on eBay
    02-07-12 06:36 PM
    I'll tell you what the likely scenario you face is. When you upgraded 6 months ago, you resigned your two year commitment. You do not become eligible for full upgrade until you are 20 months into your 24 month commitment with T-Mobile. Therefore, you will have to pay full retail price for the handset of your choosing.
    I think this is probably what you're up against.

This would not extend your contract because you have already extended it for the two year term.
    But, on ATT, you will have to resign (unless I'm sorely mistaken, and I don't believe I am), even if your contract is only 6 months old. When you activate, they automatically add a 2 year contract on.

Best bet is to go online or call your carrier, as everyone is suggesting. Each carrier, along with your particular plan and options are different, so the best we can do is guess.
    02-07-12 06:53 PM
    Talk a family member into wanting your phone and use their upgrade. Fastest, slightly shady but easiest thing I could think of.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    02-07-12 07:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD