Hey guys ,

this is my first post here. I hope to get chatting with all you guys soon.

I just brought a refurbished blackberry 8700g off overstock.com

I got it out of the box and put my AT&T sim card in it. I am a pre-paid user with at&t as i am from Australia and only in the USA for 6months.

I wanted to set everything up on this but there is no IE icon or anything. The phone used to be on T-Mobile but is unlocked to any network.

I rang AT&T but they couldnt help me set up the internet without the IE icon.

Can anyone help me with this? Can i download stuff for the blackberry and how do i can software for my blackberry so i can add stuff from my computer to it?

Look forward to hearing from all you guys.

Kieran
    03-24-08 04:12 PM
    also whats the enterprise activation thing all about and how do i set that up?

Sorry guys i am very new to blackberrys
    03-24-08 04:16 PM
    I don't know much about the phone. Here is a link to check the forums

8700 Series.
    Last edited by Blacklatino; 03-24-08 at 04:37 PM.
    03-24-08 04:35 PM
    The BlackBerry 8700c features complete functionality, including*:

Wireless email
    Organizer
    Browser
    Phone
    Corporate data access 1
    SMS
    MMS 1
    Wireless Calendar ...
    The 8700 does support a Browser. It should appear as a Globe with a yellow arrow icon.

If you don't see it, use the Option button to select See All.

If you still don't see it, it may have been removed from your device. It is simple enough to restore the original carriers software and customize your installation.

8700 Series FAQ's - BlackBerryFAQ
    03-24-08 04:54 PM
    The 8700 does support a Browser. It should appear as a Globe with a yellow arrow icon.

If you don't see it, use the Option button to select See All.

If you still don't see it, it may have been removed from your device. It is simple enough to restore the original carriers software and customize your installation.
    hey mate ,

thanks for the reply.

When you say go to the option button and select See All what options button are you talking about?

Do you mean the options icon? cause i did that and couldnt find a See All tab.

How do i resort the factory setting???
    03-24-08 06:06 PM
    You need the BB data plan for the browser icon to show up. I don"t think a BB can be on a pre-paid plan but I could be wrong.
    03-24-08 06:14 PM
    This is correct, you can't have a blackberry browser without a BB data plan which you can't get on prepaid.

Do a google search for opera mini browser, download and install that.

Then go into options, advanced options, then TCP settings, change the APN to wap.cingular

hope that helps
    03-24-08 06:30 PM
    The Option button is on the left side of the trackball. Pressing it opens a different set of options, depending on where you are.

Edit: I didn't realize the 8700 does not have a trackball.

When you are at the home screen, the one with all the icons, pressing the Options button will reveal the Show/Hide settings.

Restoring the factory default system is a matter of locating and downloading the correct OS for your device.

Once you have it installed, the Application Loader in Desktop Manager will use that to rebuild your software.

This links leads to a very detailed set of instructions.

However, Even if you do reinstall, you will not be able to use the Browers without the right data plan.

http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...ee-memory.html
    Last edited by Stoner; 03-25-08 at 01:02 PM.
    03-25-08 10:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD