I know it's suppose to be so easy to download Device Manager but I can't get it to work , I downloaded it, it says it's succesfully installed but I cant find it anywhere. There's no shotcut or file to click , I'm using Vista, can anybody help, tell me what I can do to get this installed. Thanks
    09-20-08 03:39 PM
    you need to download desktop manager too.. device manager is more like the drivers... but you need both
    09-20-08 03:40 PM
    do you have a link for desktop manager , where can I get it
    09-20-08 03:43 PM
    Here is the link for Desktop Manager

Version 4.6 is the latest.
    09-20-08 03:45 PM

Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy, one of Will Ferrell's best works.

You have two choices when you begin a download. If you Run it remotely, there is a good chance of getting a time out error and having to restart from the beginnning.

Your prefered option is to Save it first. Then Run the local copy from your computer.

No issues with Windows Vista, I have installed a lot of them.
    09-20-08 03:51 PM
    Thanks I'm downloading it now when it's done I'll try it out and see if it works, thanks for the help
    09-20-08 03:58 PM
    I haven't had a problem woth DM 4.6 on vista either

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-20-08 04:39 PM
    Everything installed alright but I got an Roxio Media Manager error it says , Internal Error 2738 , does that effect anything ?
    09-20-08 04:51 PM
    Everything installed alright but I got an Roxio Media Manager error it says , Internal Error 2738 , does that effect anything ?
    it probably affects roxio media manager. just guessing.

but you should just forgo RMM and get the version without it. it's easier just to drag and drop files in mass storage mode than to fiddle with RMM and its flakiness.
    09-20-08 05:41 PM
    Good call, ignore Roxio the first time around.

If you downloaded the full Media Manager package, choose Custom install and de-select Roxio. You can always come back for it later.

Roxio takes forever to initialize, best installed when you have a lot of cycles to spare, not when you want to actualy do something.
    09-20-08 10:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD