Hello everyone. New to the blackberry after a lot of windows mobile issues. Got a great deal on Nextel 8350i but as a long time sprint customer was not aware of the SIM card use. The phone arrived and looks and functions great but I can't activate it because there is no SIM card. How can I get a replacement and how do I know what cards are truly compatible?

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated!
    02-20-09 09:39 AM
    A replacement what? SIM card?
    02-20-09 11:24 AM
    Sorry. I need to replace the SIM card. I have never used a SIM card so I can't swap from an old phone (I have used sprint only phone). So I need a SIM card but don't know where to begin. My local Sprint store does not carry any. Found some on ebay and craigslist but not sure if they are compatible with the 8350i.
    02-20-09 11:31 AM
    If a SIM is needed the provider will give you one. Go to a Sprint/Nextel store or call them.
    02-20-09 11:46 AM
    Sorry. I need to replace the SIM card. I have never used a SIM card so I can't swap from an old phone (I have used sprint only phone). So I need a SIM card but don't know where to begin. My local Sprint store does not carry any. Found some on ebay and craigslist but not sure if they are compatible with the 8350i.
    The provider should give you one. If you can't get one in a store, you should be able to call and have one sent to you.

I know Rogers includes one in every new phone they send out. I don't know how other carriers work.
    02-20-09 11:51 AM
    Subscriber Identity Module (SIM) is how the carriers assign telephone number to compatible phones. Only the GSM technology carriers use SIM cards.

Does Sprint market and support the 8350i?

Sprint / Nextel BlackBerry 8350i Officially Announced! | CrackBerry.com

Apparently they do, this blog is dated Sept 10, 2008.
    02-20-09 01:15 PM
    Yes, 8350i is the Nextel Curve.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-20-09 02:00 PM
    Some Sprint model phones are hybrid devices which use CDMA protocol for the Sprint PCS networks & IDEN for their direct talk networks. The IDEN system uses sim cards with an IMEI registry so it very well possible that some of their devices will need a sim card to utilize all of the carrier's offered features.
    02-20-09 02:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD