Hey guys I hope everyones doing well. So I have had my phone since last june or july and honestly I gotta say I'm extremely sick of my phone the last couple months. At first it wasn't so bad because I had gone from nothing to having a smartphone... The more I use my friend's phones I feel like I am going back in time with this damn phone. Sorry for the long post but I really need guidance guys! thanks in advanced brothas

The app selection kind of sucks. The phone isnt that slow but the internet is HORRIBLY slow (verizons network in LA) I have full bars wherever I go but its just slow theresno way around it. Another complaint I have is the screen size. I really can't see sh!t on this screen. Just researching something on my phone takes so long cause I gotta sit there and zoom into every page let it recalibrate and autofocus then I gotta movre around the page and it lags big time.

Another big thing for me is the pandora that has been lagging for the last 2 months. Its driving me crazy. Also, not having navigation on this phone is also driving me nuts. Google maps has a list view of the direction. If I wanted that I could go on mapquest on my computer type in the adress take a picture of the computer screen and use that.

Anyway enough venting here's my question. What's my next chouice here in phones? I've been thinking of a 4g phone simply because the internet is ridiculously fast but I hate androids operating system so it looks like I'm gonna wait forever for a 4g iphone .

Lemme get everyones opinions!
    06-22-11 12:45 PM
    well, let me start by saying this- we can give you our opinion, but what its going to come down to is what YOU want out of your phone and what will fit YOUR needs/wants.

With that being said, have you tried dwld'ing Opera Mini? The browser runs circles around the native oem browser.

Next suggestion: make a pros and cons list for yourself for phones you want, and then compare them to the pros/cons of your bb. I also have a bold 9650 & I'm on os6- no phone is perfect, that's why you need to choose something that will work for YOU my bold works for me and fit my needs for now. Who knows, in another 6-8mths i could wind up on an iPhone as well!

Good luck in your decision!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 06-22-11 at 01:38 PM.
    06-22-11 01:25 PM
    Hey thanks for the reply. I get what your saying like don't get me wrong Ilike my blackberry a lot. But compared to my personal needs and current phone capabilities this thing is stuck in the stone age... I LOVE having an actual keyboard and not typing on a piece of glass but at the same time my screen is tiny. I really like the pros and cons list idea but the bb is just full of cons. Meanwhile the only downside I can think of on the iphone is the lack of flash (bb doesn't have one either) and the fact that if I drop the phone ill most probably crack the screen....
    06-22-11 02:27 PM
    Hey thanks for the reply. I get what your saying like don't get me wrong Ilike my blackberry a lot. But compared to my personal needs and current phone capabilities this thing is stuck in the stone age... I LOVE having an actual keyboard and not typing on a piece of glass but at the same time my screen is tiny. I really like the pros and cons list idea but the bb is just full of cons. Meanwhile the only downside I can think of on the iphone is the lack of flash (bb doesn't have one either) and the fact that if I drop the phone ill most probably crack the screen....
    Many BB's released in the past few years were obsolete when they went on the market. In terms of hardware, it looks like they'll be catching up whenever the next batch of phones come out.

It's tough to find the combination of good physical keyboard and large screen. If you want to stick with a BlackBerry, you might be interested in the Torch 2 whenever they happen to release it.
    06-22-11 02:43 PM
    Well I actually have verizon.... sooo...
    06-22-11 04:54 PM
    wasnt there an article about verizon getting 3 blackberries this year? You may be in luck!
    06-22-11 05:28 PM
    if thats the case then im down cause honestly i really like blackberrys setup on everything. theyre user interface is very clean and everything is very organized. i effing HATE android. id rather use my razr from 3 years ago then get an android.

If BB comes out with a 4g berry then im down. Otherwise im coppin up a 4g iphone
    06-22-11 05:30 PM
    The drawback with a touchscreen phone is you still suffer from a tiny screen while typing on the glass (unless you get a slider). The best Blackberry phone is coming this year, give it a look, otherwise wait for iPhone 5, or stop browsing on a phone and get a Playbook!
    06-22-11 05:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD