I have an 8310 that came with AmAze and got rid of it in exchange for Nav4All. However, for some reason, it does not pick up my GPS, without enabling Bluetooth. Therefore, I cant navigate a route. What is this? Not too tech savvy, so I dont want to mess with bluetooth, isn't there a way that the phone knows my GPS without me having to do all this? Thanks!
    03-01-09 08:09 AM
    The 8310 has built-in GPS, so using Bluetooth should be unnecessary. In Options / Advanced Options / GPS, what is your GPS Data Source? It should say Device GPS. If it does, then Nav4All should be able to use it. I found Nav4All's unique user interface and lack of route accuracy so frustrating that I eventually quit using it. BBMaps is another free option that should work for you.

EDIT: sorry, temporarily forgot you wanted voice directions. BBMaps can't do that. Garmin Mobile can, for $10/month or $100 for the life of the BlackBerry.
    Last edited by JeffH; 03-01-09 at 08:17 PM. Reason: more info
    03-01-09 08:15 PM
    Garmin is free to try and the voice option is nice. I can't imagine using this gps on a bb without a voice option.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-02-09 08:43 PM
    Thanks for youe help. Not the first time i've heard of Nav4All inaccuracy, I may try Garmin. Thanks again!
    03-03-09 05:09 AM
    I should also mention that Garmin's tech support has been excellent! I have called them twice and have immediately gotten in touch with a tech person who was very helpful.
    03-03-09 10:33 AM
    BlackBerry Owners Lounge members can get the Garmin Mobile device lifetime for $80. Go to the BBOL site, sign up for free, and find the click-through link to Garmin under the Download section.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-03-09 07:07 PM
    Thanks for youe help. Not the first time i've heard of Nav4All inaccuracy, I may try Garmin. Thanks again!
    I bought the Garmin app about 2 months ago. I highly recommend it. It has worked flawlessly for me.
    03-03-09 08:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
";