If you have Google Maps downloaded do you need the native Blackberry Maps?

How much room would you free up by deleting it in the applications list?

Thanks.
    02-02-08 11:17 PM
    i wish i could have blackberry maps but att doesnt support it oh well !!!
    02-02-08 11:27 PM
    If you have a bluetooth GPS receiver, you shouldn't need the support from your carrier... Unless they've done the Vodafone thing and tweaked the software to only be compatible with their service.

As I understand it though, only a handful of carriers have done this...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-03-08 01:51 AM
    You don't need Blackberry Maps on your device. I don't have it on mine.

That being said, you can have BBMaps even if you're on AT&T. You simply have to edit the LBS.alx in the OS installation files on your PC.
    02-03-08 08:59 AM
    If you have Google Maps downloaded do you need the native Blackberry Maps?
    I much prefer Google Maps.. removed BB Maps long ago.
    02-03-08 10:51 AM
    i've still got bbmaps, but you don't need it. much prefer google, and don't really use bbmaps. lot of people delete it.
    02-03-08 11:18 AM
    Like previous two posters, Google maps is much better than BB maps - I've tried both BB and Google. I use Google with a GPS puck (I probably don't have the best one of those, a G-Sat) and it works fine.
    02-03-08 11:24 AM
    Google maps also works awesome with my 8310 and the internal GPS. And best of all...FREE!!
    02-03-08 03:36 PM
    How do you enable the internal GPS with Google Maps on a 8310?
    02-03-08 03:53 PM
    BlackBerry Maps supports GPS navigation and thus shows you where to go though, doesn't it?

Google Maps currently only supports GPS mapping (ie. It won't direct you where to go, just show you a map of where you are), which makes using it in a foreign city difficult if you are trying to drive and do not have a co-pilot...

02-04-08 05:02 AM
    Can anyone confirm this or clarify it before I zap bb maps?

I just checked my google maps and i can get directions -- maybe this is new feature on latest google maps...

Thanks.

BlackBerry Maps supports GPS navigation and thus shows you where to go though, doesn't it?

Google Maps currently only supports GPS mapping (ie. It won't direct you where to go, just show you a map of where you are), which makes using it in a foreign city difficult if you are trying to drive and do not have a co-pilot...

Last edited by jmgilliam; 02-04-08 at 02:56 PM. Reason: adding
    02-04-08 01:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
";