Hello fellow Crackberry denizens.

My Co-Worker is contemplating ditching his storm in favor of a WinMo device because he does not receive his email fast enough through BIS. We work in an industry where response time is absolutely crucial, he cannot wait 15-20 minutes to receive his email. Our IT team will not set up personal devices with BES because of potential security concerns, so BES is out.

He currently is running a trial of Active Sync, but he does not like the lack of integration with the BBOS. His trial runs out today, and although he can expense the cost of the app, we need to find a better solution.

Desktop Redirector (which I use) is out because he want to be able to access attachments and he only has a Laptop which is not connected at all times.

Does anyone know of a BIS solution that works very similar to BES?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    07-30-09 10:32 AM
    Well, the way BIS works is not exactly 15 minute intervals for all e-mails. http://forums.crackberry.com/f152/ho...l-work-152955/

There are several e-mail accounts that will integrate completely with the device. your @carrier.blackberry.net is instant, as is gmail, and yahoo.
    07-30-09 11:07 AM
    I too was faced with the same situation. I tried both AstraSync and NotifySync (google it). I settled on NotifySync. If you are operating from a Microsoft Exchange Server it is the way to go. It is more expensive than the other, but I have been using it for several weeks now with no issues. I will also add that we utilized their tech support to get our end of things configured properly and it was nothing short of EXCELLENT.

Just my 2 cents.....

Good luck.
    07-30-09 05:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD