Okay~so I need some advice.

One of my girlfriends wants to buy my extra BB Pearl. I have both the curve and the Pearl but here's the deal;

She has NO intention on getting a data plan. She wants it so that she can text her bf and her current crap-tastic phone is not cutting it for her.

If I sell it to her, I won't have two BB's anymore and she's only offering 150 when I paid full retail).

Also, I don't think she can handle it. W/O a data plan it's like a slap in the face (imho) to the beauty that is BlackBerry.

So~Dear Crackberry.Com Forum People.......what should I do?
    03-07-08 01:40 PM
    Sell it to her. Spread the love.
    BB's don't judge so you shouldn't either.
    03-07-08 01:43 PM
    Just tell her you can't sell it. You need it as a back up I wouldn't want to part with it if it was mine. I think you should keep it.
    03-07-08 01:44 PM
    I have 4 or 5 Pearls for sale for 150, but i would NEVER sell one to someone who will not use it for a BB plan!!!!
    Especially if i paid ful retail for it, and they made a ridiculous offer!

Its sacrelige!!!!!

I am a crack(berry) enabler!!!!
    03-07-08 01:49 PM
    That would be like having a pc with no internet. Preposterous! I would keep it for a backup. Especially since it might contain important personal info. Or whateve excuse you might want to use.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-07-08 02:06 PM
    i wouldn't sell it to her lol tell her you need a back up
    03-07-08 05:24 PM
    Cjcarbone where were you with those pearls for 150 when I was paying near retail on mine?? Lol

03-07-08 05:46 PM
    I would keep it as a backup.

And no data plan??? So, so sad. My sister got a Pearl and no data plan and I'm always fighting with her about it lol. Such a waste.
    03-07-08 05:57 PM
    if she wants it & you can bear to part with it, may as well.

i just don't understand why people would pay the money for a BB & then not use it for what it's designed for. you can always find a MUCH cheaper phone to text all you like =/
    03-07-08 06:33 PM
    Don't sell it to her. She's not worthy.

03-07-08 06:37 PM
    Sell it to her. Then flaunt your data plan at her. She'll come around
    03-07-08 10:49 PM
    I would keep the Pearl as a backup.

03-07-08 10:56 PM
    You will have to put up with all the stupid "Why can't my phone do what yours does?" and explaining the need for a data plan will be useless. Don't sell it.
    03-07-08 11:18 PM
    Wouldn't do it. She's either addicted or she's not. If she's not, send her to a Palm OS.
    03-07-08 11:27 PM
    Okay~so I need some advice.

One of my girlfriends wants to buy my extra BB Pearl. I have both the curve and the Pearl but here's the deal;

She has NO intention on getting a data plan. She wants it so that she can text her bf and her current crap-tastic phone is not cutting it for her.

If I sell it to her, I won't have two BB's anymore and she's only offering 150 when I paid full retail).

Also, I don't think she can handle it. W/O a data plan it's like a slap in the face (imho) to the beauty that is BlackBerry.

So~Dear Crackberry.Com Forum People.......what should I do?
    I wouldn't do it......tell her to get a Virgin Mobile or something.....
    03-08-08 12:24 AM
    You have to decide what is worth more - a human friend or a real (BB) friend...I know I would choose BB everytime.
    03-08-08 12:46 AM
    I'm ashamed of you all, I'm a crack addict as well as everybody else here but come on, that's just being selfish, I heard a line in a rap song 'what u eat don't make me sh*t', IOW I don't care what u do with the berry just get the $ and move on y would u want the pearl n e way after already owning the curve, get rid of the pearl, Sell the damn thing and get the $ and like someone else said spread the love & treat your curve 2 sumthin new with the $ from the pearl (new battery,battery door, a new app), stop being so selfish

03-08-08 02:09 AM
    Hmmmm. So many opinions- thank you all for your input. I don't really consider my dilemma as a selfish one because it IS my BlackBerry its not like I got the last one at the store and I'm jumping around yelling "na na I've got one and you don't". I just think that its not worth the value to her if she isn't going to use it as intended. I also don't think it would be beneficial to me as much because I paid full retail and honestly, 150 isn't that much money to me but I know it is to her.

That said, my dear husband put it best-he said "Sell it to her because if something happens to your curve, you'll buy a new one anyway". He knows me too well.

Thanks again for the opinions and replies- it is why I asked.

03-08-08 03:13 AM
    She will be under utilising the phone. If she just wants a phone with keyboard so she can send texts easier, then tell her to get a treo.

Keep the bb for yourself since you know how to fully maximise its function.

03-08-08 09:41 AM
    Ultimately its up to you. Your the one losing money on the deal. If its something thats going to sit around and collect dust I would get rid of it. A lot of providers are offering BB Pearls for under $100.00 now (contract of course).
    03-08-08 10:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD