sup fellow crackberry dudes and dudets

so ive been month to month with verizon since last week, month to month as regards to bill and payments and junk, basically my contract is up lol. anyways with get this promotional thing for my dads number saying you can upgrade and get an additional $50 plus your new every two program upgrade to get any of these phones (droid-$50, eris-free, storm2-$50, 8530-free).

we talked about it a little and was like i should do this but then i told him about the $30 a month for internet and he was like "oh nvm" then i dont know what happened after our brief discussion but he brought up that im month to month you can upgrade or switch to another service blah blah blah....

so basically i could switch to another service and get new phone or whatever as long as the payments would equal or be cheaper than our family plan at verizon---meaning taking me off the family plan and getting my own with att for example and it costing about the same---so i calculated me and my brothers plan on verizon like added up all the cost and it came out to be like $147 plus mom and dad phones totaling to $220 or something

so after calculating that price for verizon, i went over to att.com and just made the basic family plan, 2 phones, 2 bb's w/ data for both and total came out to like $120 a month plus i get 18% off cuz i work at gamestop...

long story short: im thinking about going to att cuz of the 9700 or iphone and the advice im looking for or whatever is the fight between getting the 9700 or the iphone when i switch

i love blackberrys but every morning i wake up..i just realized that i just love the bbm thats it and thats the only thing thats holding me back, the bbm. idk i just dont want to stick with a bb for bbm, and iphone with apps and solid OS....i dont know.

so thats the advice, sorry the story is long but i just want to let you guys know whats my side of the story ya know?
    02-08-10 11:54 PM
    In a BlackBerry forum I suspect most people will recommend the 9700 over the IPhony. Certainly that is my perspective. I have the opportunity to own any phone I desire these days. Given that set of choices I cannot imagine leaving BlackBerry.

Best advice is try them both out. Decide on the basis of functions. The I-device is more for social beings while the 9700 is a working phone. Trick pony or work horse is the way I think of the two.
    02-09-10 07:13 AM
    Get Google Talk and BBM is not needed.
    02-09-10 10:26 AM
    For the sounds of it, i am thinking you'll be switching to the iphone. I was on the same boat and went from VZ to At&T for the 9700. Checked out the 3gs and i liked it for the speed.
    I bbm 3 people everyday though i have like 20+ contacts, got whatsapp and bbm issue solved (those 3 contacts have whatsapp on their berrys).
    I switch back and forth and i enjoy both devices.
    02-09-10 10:47 AM
    To the OP: What would you use more, the apps or BBM?
    02-09-10 05:18 PM
    sup fellow crackberry dudes and dudets

so ive been month to month with verizon since last week, month to month as regards to bill and payments and junk, basically my contract is up lol. anyways with get this promotional thing for my dads number saying you can upgrade and get an additional $50 plus your new every two program upgrade to get any of these phones (droid-$50, eris-free, storm2-$50, 8530-free).

we talked about it a little and was like i should do this but then i told him about the $30 a month for internet and he was like "oh nvm" then i dont know what happened after our brief discussion but he brought up that im month to month you can upgrade or switch to another service blah blah blah....

so basically i could switch to another service and get new phone or whatever as long as the payments would equal or be cheaper than our family plan at verizon---meaning taking me off the family plan and getting my own with att for example and it costing about the same---so i calculated me and my brothers plan on verizon like added up all the cost and it came out to be like $147 plus mom and dad phones totaling to $220 or something

so after calculating that price for verizon, i went over to att.com and just made the basic family plan, 2 phones, 2 bb's w/ data for both and total came out to like $120 a month plus i get 18% off cuz i work at gamestop...

long story short: im thinking about going to att cuz of the 9700 or iphone and the advice im looking for or whatever is the fight between getting the 9700 or the iphone when i switch

i love blackberrys but every morning i wake up..i just realized that i just love the bbm thats it and thats the only thing thats holding me back, the bbm. idk i just dont want to stick with a bb for bbm, and iphone with apps and solid OS....i dont know.

so thats the advice, sorry the story is long but i just want to let you guys know whats my side of the story ya know?
    Dude...if you want a toy, get the iphone...if you want a tool, get a berry. Nuff said.
    02-09-10 07:09 PM
    They are both good phones. I prefer the berry, but that's because I text anywhere from 100 to 300 texts/bbm a day. I need the bbm, and couldn't live without a physical keyboard. I use my ipod touch for games/apps. Its the best of both worlds IMO. Its all personal preference. Good luck, and remember neither is a bad choice.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-09-10 07:19 PM
    For the sounds of it, i am thinking you'll be switching to the iphone. I was on the same boat and went from VZ to At&T for the 9700. Checked out the 3gs and i liked it for the speed.
    I bbm 3 people everyday though i have like 20+ contacts, got whatsapp and bbm issue solved (those 3 contacts have whatsapp on their berrys).
    I switch back and forth and i enjoy both devices.
    yeah i think so too just because my storm1 has been pissing me off lately and the tour2 is M.I.A.

yeah i use bbm religious but thats about it...and like i said that is the only thing holding me back. we shall see what happens...and thanks for whatsapp, i was on the site...awesome!

To the OP: What would you use more, the apps or BBM?
    probably the apps more just because all the apps do more than just bbm lol

Dude...if you want a toy, get the iphone...if you want a tool, get a berry. Nuff said.
    true true..but its all personal use for me; text, email, surf web occasionally (espn), and try to mess around with apps but storm1 sucks lol

They are both good phones. I prefer the berry, but that's because I text anywhere from 100 to 300 texts/bbm a day. I need the bbm, and couldn't live without a physical keyboard. I use my ipod touch for games/apps. Its the best of both worlds IMO. Its all personal preference. Good luck, and remember neither is a bad choice.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    yeah thanks man..i understand where you are coming from too. bbm is a part of my life, tons of friends on it and once gone, it would suck big time. and yeah both are not bad choices at all..

i was reading that thread about have a bb data plan and switching to iphone and bb whenever so ill think of something like that or whatever..

thanks for all the input guys!
    02-09-10 11:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD