I have a BB Pearl 8130 but wanna upgrade to even a Curve 8330 or BB World Edition which phone is better? Ty in advance for all replys!!
    10-10-08 10:39 AM
    This question gets asked a lot, and it truly is a matter of personal preference, what works for you.

When I got my Curve, I looked at the 8830WE as well. I chose the Curve because it had more memory, was a bit smaller and had the camera. I am not an international, so didn't need that. I did love the red color of the 8830 though.

Good luck with your choice
    10-10-08 10:48 AM
    Cuase my buddy has a BB curve he would sell me for cheap it has no trackball and battery which i already have a BB batt but as far as the Trackball are they hard to fix i see kits for them on ebay
    10-10-08 10:54 AM
    Cuase my buddy has a BB curve he would sell me for cheap it has no trackball and battery which i already have a BB batt but as far as the Trackball are they hard to fix i see kits for them on ebay
    Sounds like your friend's Berry has seen a lot of abuse. IMO you're better off buying a new one. Berrie's are complex electronic devices and like any other device like them they don't stand up to a (true) beating very well. There's a good chance that the Berry your friend wants to sell you has a lot more wrong with it than a missing trackball and battery.
    10-10-08 11:17 AM
    When I went to VZW to upgrade from the LG Verizon Communicator(?) I think it was, I originally purchased the LG Voyager only to take it back because the internet was ridiculously slow. I ended up trying to decide between the 8830WE and the 8330 Curve. I chose the Curve because it has a camera w/flash which I knew I would use quite often; and I do. Plus I dont plan on traveling the world; and if I did I would get a temporary cellphone for the trip anyway. Those were my reasons. However, I do like the way the 8830 looks more than the the way the Curve looks; but I have a black BodyGlove case over it now anyway so it's not an issue. I would go to your carrier's store and play with both phones; thats really the best way to figure out what you want. That's how I decided I didn't want an iPhone when my Verizon contract expired. Just go play with the phones and you'll find out what works best for you.
    Last edited by dredayholiday; 10-10-08 at 11:26 AM. Reason: More info added
    10-10-08 11:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD