Ok, here's the story: my wife has a pearl connected to a plantronics bluetooth headset. Quite often, she has the headset in her purse and her phone in her pocket.

When a call comes in she doesn't want to fish the headset out of the purse; all she wants to do is answer it on the handset.

But, when she hits answer on the handset, it automatically connects the bluetooth.

Is there any way around this?
    03-05-09 07:42 AM
    Can't she just turn off the headset when she put it in her purse?
    03-05-09 08:43 AM
    yeah, I don't think there's a way to do what she wants to do. kind of defeats the purpose of using a bluetooth headset...
    03-05-09 08:49 AM
    Can't she just turn off the headset when she put it in her purse?
    this might be lame, but the plantronics 510 has the worst power button i've ever seen.

I guess she could do that, but wouldn't she have to rediscover it to get it back on?
    03-05-09 09:02 AM
    yeah, I don't think there's a way to do what she wants to do. kind of defeats the purpose of using a bluetooth headset...
    i haven't found a good way either. That said, i've had several other phones allow me to hit answer on the phone and it will answer on the phone. If i hit answer on the headset, the call goes to the headset. Weird that BB doesn't have that..
    03-05-09 09:03 AM
    If you answer the call using the send button you can than hit the speaker button and bypass the Bluetooth. Only draw back is everyone can hear your call.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-05-09 09:20 AM
    I guess she could do that, but wouldn't she have to rediscover it to get it back on?
    No, it should pair on it's own when turned on. My BT8040 does.
    03-05-09 02:09 PM
    You can leave the Bluetooth on and just click the Bluetooth icon and Menu>Disconnect when you use the Handset or when she puts it in her purse.

When she puts BT back on, just hit the connect button on the earpiece and it should reconnect automatically.

Last edited by BergerKing; 03-05-09 at 02:50 PM.
    03-05-09 02:31 PM
    Why couldn't you answer with the answer button>bb button>activate handset

03-06-09 12:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
";