Is there any point in getting a Torch? I have a S2, I was thinking maybe a Droid or iPhone. Or should I just get the Torch and use the S2 as a backup? Also is it true that BBs are terrible on PAYG?
    02-03-11 12:30 PM
    Last part first. I have never had a PAYG service so I can't say.

As to the 9800, if you like what you have stay with it.

If you want a physical keyboard while retaining a touchscreen, want more memory, a better camera, a vastly better browser, OS 6 I say get the damn 9800. No brainer there

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-03-11 01:42 PM
    Well I didn't mind the Storm 2. I was gonna get an iPhone 4, and use a T Mobile �5 month sim card, for BBM on the Storm 2. I was told that OS 6 is so great, but I haven't seen that much of a difference. It is faster (Storm 2 takes about 5 minutes to boot up with my memory card in it), and the camera is better (but I also have a camera camera ). I don't even use the social feeds, or the keyboard tbh. I'm just iffy about paying on contract for another 2 years on a phone I may not want later. Right now my fresh Storm 2 is just sitting there with a Otterbox Commuter case that I bought 1 month before my last contract ended, and I paid �20 extra (replacement) for the Storm 2 because the last one got corrupted (I can still cancel this one).
    Last edited by VanSpoof; 02-03-11 at 02:19 PM.
    02-03-11 02:15 PM
    I would do th T1, but T2 might not be that far off...so might just want to keep riding out your S2 for awhile longer. I am sure you want a new phone though, so best bet is to go to a cooperate carrier and test them out.

I never recommend an iPhone, but some Android devices are nice, just not big on OS myself.

If it was me, I would do what I mentioned first, especially if you have no issues with the S2.

Good luck!

02-03-11 02:29 PM
    I would do th T1, but T2 might not be that far off...so might just want to keep riding out your S2 for awhile longer. I am sure you want a new phone though, so best bet is to go to a cooperate carrier and test them out.

I never recommend an iPhone, but some Android devices are nice, just not big on OS myself.

If it was me, I would do what I mentioned first, especially if you have no issues with the S2.

Good luck!

Due to having no reception, I wasn't able to call customer service and their lines are now closed. I think my trial period is over, so I'm probably gonna be stuck with the T1 (or pay �119 and switch to an i4). I just noticed O2 were offering a better deal for what I'm paying too. -_-

I did have a problem with S2 though, I had about 4 of them. I had the 522 app error, and was never able to fix it myself. I think it was just my bad luck, cause nobody here that I know ever had that problem once. :S
    02-03-11 02:35 PM
    Is there any point in getting a Torch? I have a S2, I was thinking maybe a Droid or iPhone. Or should I just get the Torch and use the S2 as a backup? Also is it true that BBs are terrible on PAYG?
    Even if you aren't looking for a physical keyboard, the Torch is still a much better phone than the Storm 2. But you really need to check out the alternatives as well to see what feels best to you. A lot of it depends on how you use your phone the most. Do a lot of emailing, texting or BBM? Stay with BB. Do more browsing or want a ton and a half of apps to pick from and will most likely not use a physical keyboard? Definitely try a iP4 or Android. Touch screen on the Torch is very nice, but the other phones are a bit more 'fluid'. You're the only one who knows what will work best for you. ;-)

02-03-11 02:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD