First T-Mobile sent me my unlock code. Thanks T-Mo (SunCom never would give it up) and Ant17 http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/unlo...-anyone-20002/
    Then my new trackball came. Man I had forgotten how smooth and bright it use to be! Then I found .69 upgrade. I really needed an o.s. update fix. It had been too long. It went smooth and I finally got to try Petes CrackMem.. Awsome job Pete. I have a ton of apps and now have an Amazing 26mb of file free memory....on a PEARL! Man I love CB! Thanks Kevin.
    09-16-08 06:03 PM
    Nice one there plt!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-16-08 06:04 PM
    First T-Mobile sent me my unlock code. Thanks T-Mo (SunCom never would give it up) and Ant17 http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/unlo...-anyone-20002/
    Then my new trackball came. Man I had forgotten how smooth and bright it use to be! Then I found .69 upgrade. I really needed an o.s. update fix. It had been too long. It went smooth and I finally got to try Petes CrackMem.. Awsome job Pete. I have a ton of apps and now have an Amazing 26mb of file free memory....on a PEARL! Man I love CB! Thanks Kevin.

Following the tutorial, was it pretty easy to take out and replace the trackball? I am considering doing that too but taking things apart on my BB kind of makes me nervous.
    09-16-08 06:05 PM
    super simple, the ring is tougher than people lead you to believe. Then just turn it over and the trackball falls out. It's only held by a magnet. The new one drops right in. I cant believe how much difference it makes.
    09-16-08 06:10 PM
    Sounds like a very good day plt.

Garz replacing the t/ball is wicked easy. Just gently pull up
    the silver bezel (pay attention to how the clips orient), turn
    the phone and gently tap it to pop out the t/ball.

Put in the new one, check the scroll directions and then put
    the bezel back on (1 clip to the left, 1 on the bottom and
    1 on the right)
    09-16-08 06:12 PM
    Thanks to both of you. I think I may have to order a new one. My trackball is getting a little worn.
    09-16-08 06:15 PM
    Go for it Garz... it is the easiest thing you can do

If you can upgrade the OS, you can easily swap out a trackball!!!
    09-16-08 06:19 PM

AGREED! I recently replaced mine and like Taylor said, I forgot how white and clean it used to be. I didn't think mine was dirty until I got the new one!
    09-16-08 06:32 PM

LOL! OS is no problem. Just was nervous about taking things apart but everybody said how easy it is.
    09-16-08 06:35 PM
    how long did you have your phone before you had to replace your trackball?
    09-16-08 06:46 PM
    I think the more logical question would be estimate the hours of use on the track ball before it could use a replacement. Someone may have their BB for a year but only use the trackball like 5 minutes a day. Where as other users may have had it a month but use their phone like 4 - 5 hours a day.
    09-16-08 07:20 PM
    I've had this one almost 4 months but I'm a excessive user. Nothing was wrong with mine, I just wanted to have a new one on hand. But the new one was so clean and white I had to put it in. And like I said it's just smooth and fluid like it was when it was new.
    09-16-08 07:44 PM
    tmo still hasnt sent me the correct unlock code even though i keep emailing them. so here i am in a foriegn country using a n95
    09-17-08 12:11 AM
    26mb free on a Pearl?!?! That's amazing. Do you have any 3rd party apps installed?

09-17-08 08:49 AM
    congratulations pl!! yea, i'm gonna have to order a new trackball pretty soon for my 8310.
    09-17-08 11:39 AM
    The apps I have are;
    Google maps
    Live search
    Soft reset
    Viigo
    Vlingo
    Weather eye
    Pro golf paradise
    CB Fox News and ESPN launchers
    Brick breaker etc. All the native apps except BB maps.

Last edited by pltaylor; 09-18-08 at 09:38 PM.
    09-17-08 12:45 PM
    Sounds like a good day to me as well.
    09-18-08 09:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD