Anyone else watch the NBC interview with Usain Bolt after winning the 100m?

They asked him if he was going to take time to celebrate before getting ready for the 200m; he said all he would do is talk to a few people, update his BBM, then back to business.

Nice BlackBerry press. They should use him for advertising - if you want to work as fast as the world's fastest human, use a BlackBerry.
    rupam95, Cesare21, hpjrt and 16 others like this.
    08-05-12 10:25 PM
    yeah I saw it too. absolutely amazing. I think RIM needs to take advantage of this for a campaign for BB10. The fastest man on earth uses the fastest messaging service ... BBM
    BB_Bmore, Barljo, jelp2 and 5 others like this.
    08-05-12 10:28 PM
    I backed up my DVR to verify the correct quote, which is why my thread wasn't 1st

08-05-12 10:36 PM
    Yes I saw it as well. BlackBerry is still growing international. I hope that this press will help boost the BlackBerry demographic!! #BBM
    08-05-12 10:50 PM
    Anybody happen to have the video?
    08-05-12 11:08 PM

See the 1 minute mark.
    08-05-12 11:13 PM
    He could have a race against Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce, if she uses one, with a photo finish. Seems like it could be a good series of commercials.
    08-05-12 11:42 PM
    One guy speaks of BBM on live T.V. and the whole world is startled.

Sorry...but this just wasn't news.
    08-05-12 11:58 PM
    ^^^yeah yeah, quit raining on our parade and get a life. just because someone noticed it and us BB fan likes it doesnt mean you have to be negative about it.
    Wino Ryder and yanicmb like this.
    08-06-12 12:08 AM
    One guy speaks of BBM on live T.V. and the whole world is startled.

Sorry...but this just wasn't news.
    ^^^yeah yeah, quit raining on our parade and get a life. just because someone noticed it and us BB fan likes it doesnt mean you have to be negative about it.
    I always carry my umbrella when on CB, just never know when your going to need it.

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTj6cYwNscU&feature=player_detailpage[/YT]
    08-06-12 12:15 AM
    Hey guys... Shout out from Jamaica. For all who didn't know they'll know now, Jamaica is blackberry nation. If Kevin and u guys came here you'd be pleasantly surprised. Everywhere you turn someone has a bb in hand. So I'm pretty sure Shelly has one 2 along with every other Jamaica athlete.

P.S. RIM probably wouldn't have to try 2 hard to get him to do an ad. And it would do them well to help keep their huge market share in Jamaica. Even Samsung has recently highlighted that they want to capture the market share...
    08-06-12 12:48 AM
    Hey guys... Shout out from Jamaica. For all who didn't know they'll know now, Jamaica is blackberry nation. If Kevin and u guys came here you'd be pleasantly surprised. Everywhere you turn someone has a bb in hand. So I'm pretty sure Shelly has one 2 along with every other Jamaica athlete.

P.S. RIM probably wouldn't have to try 2 hard to get him to do an ad. And it would do them well to help keep their huge market share in Jamaica. Even Samsung has recently highlighted that they want to capture the market share...
    For some reason that doesn't surprise me in the least. I think this is actually true of not just Jamaica, but I would think many Caribbean nations (except Cuba maybe?). BlackBerry devices don't take the same toll on the cellular networks as the iPhone and Android phones do (all the complaints of dropped calls on iPhone and slightly lower network reliability when Verizon released the Motorola Droid?), so it makes more sense that an island nation would probably prefer to push the Blackberry phones simply for how efficient they tend to be. That, and... let's face it, Usain Bolt is an athlete, and athletes often travel to other nations to compete... i.e, the Olympic games. Roaming internationally (not to mention sending a message internationally via BBM) is significantly cheaper on a Blackberry when it comes to data.

Just my 2 cents worth... and I do agree RIM should talk to Usain about an advertising campaign. I can see it now....

"When I take to the track, I set in my blocks, and when the gun goes off, I DO. Winning gold takes focus, and it takes a doer. And when I'm off the track, I need a phone that will do as fast as I do."

I'm sure marketing could come up with better :P
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    08-06-12 01:10 AM
    That's awesome! World's fastest man using the fastest keyboard and messaging! That really would be a great promo for BlackBerry! Definitely they should use him in a commercial for BlackBerry 10!
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    08-06-12 01:18 AM
    Anyone else watch the NBC interview with Usain Bolt after winning the 100m?

They asked him if he was going to take time to celebrate before getting ready for the 200m; he said all he would do is talk to a few people, update his BBM, then back to business.

Nice BlackBerry press. They should use him for advertising - if you want to work as fast as the world's fastest human, use a BlackBerry.

RIM must think about this advantage to advertise their BB10 cause even the olympic runner use BB. with that, the BB user in the world will increase bigger than before

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk
    anon(3641385) and rexrim like this.
    08-06-12 02:25 AM

Don't you think just Jamaica is BlackBerry Nation. Indonesia get 2nd rank of the largest BB user. i'm never heard about Jamaica is BB Nation

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk
    TGR1, anon(3641385) and rexrim like this.
    08-06-12 02:26 AM
    For some reason that doesn't surprise me in the least. I think this is actually true of not just Jamaica, but I would think many Caribbean nations (except Cuba maybe?). BlackBerry devices don't take the same toll on the cellular networks as the iPhone and Android phones do (all the complaints of dropped calls on iPhone and slightly lower network reliability when Verizon released the Motorola Droid?), so it makes more sense that an island nation would probably prefer to push the Blackberry phones simply for how efficient they tend to be. That, and... let's face it, Usain Bolt is an athlete, and athletes often travel to other nations to compete... i.e, the Olympic games. Roaming internationally (not to mention sending a message internationally via BBM) is significantly cheaper on a Blackberry when it comes to data.

Just my 2 cents worth... and I do agree RIM should talk to Usain about an advertising campaign. I can see it now....

"When I take to the track, I set in my blocks, and when the gun goes off, I DO. Winning gold takes focus, and it takes a doer. And when I'm off the track, I need a phone that will do as fast as I do."

you are exactly right. Caribbean nations are mostly blackberry and those super cheap nokia phones made for the less-affluent nations. it's not a matter of victory for RIM, it's really because the networks can't handle the newer phones and also the population wouldn't be able to afford them anyway. you should see what they charge for a blackberry. i have yet to see even one iphone in the caribbean but again, it's not a victory for RIM, just more of unintended favorable circumstances. but this Usain Bolt comment is a marketing gold mine but they gotta act fast, something we haven't seen RIM do in a long time.
    08-06-12 02:38 AM
    A great spontaneous plug for all things BlackBerry. And we should congratulate Usain on his amazing performance. It was an excellent race.
    08-06-12 02:41 AM
    A month or so ago leading up to the Olympics there was a documentary on tv showing Bolt travelling the world, racing / press interviews. In that doc he was always using his Blackberrys and seemed they were glued to his hand at times.

It was to no surprise that he won last night & also that he uses Blackberry's.
    08-06-12 04:06 AM

He earned $20.5 million last year, do you think he is worried about roaming fees?
    08-06-12 07:03 AM
    He earned $20.5 million last year, do you think he is worried about roaming fees?
    You don't stay rich wasting your money.
    If he had to text all his family back home vs BBM them he could be spending $1000's a day
    Vee_G likes this.
    08-06-12 07:25 AM
    dont know about north america, but in the UK this guy is just as popular as own medal winners. If rim sign him up they deffo need to get a british ad made.
    08-06-12 07:42 AM
    That was cool but does anyone know he also said he had a McDonalds wrap too before the race?
    vegetto_456 likes this.
    08-06-12 07:49 AM
    dont know about north america, but in the UK this guy is just as popular as own medal winners. If rim sign him up they deffo need to get a british ad made.
    the 100m winner is the Olympic medalist,
    one announcer said it best, that if this was soccer the 100m final is the world cup finally being decided by a corner kick, or in Hockey it is the Stanley cup, coming down to a shoot out. the most drama that can be packed into just under 10 seconds
    08-06-12 07:50 AM
    You don't stay rich wasting your money.
    If he had to text all his family back home vs BBM them he could be spending $1000's a day
    Aw come now, you dont really mean that?
    In any case he fronts a lot of Virgin Media stuff in UK so maybe they gave him a BlackBerry?
    08-06-12 07:52 AM
    the 100m winner is the Olympic medalist,
    one announcer said it best, that if this was soccer the 100m final is the world cup finally being decided by a corner kick, or in Hockey it is the Stanley cup, coming down to a shoot out. the most drama that can be packed into just under 10 seconds
    you may have a point, i never understood why though......lol
    08-06-12 07:53 AM
76 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD