I've used previous versions of Nav4All and think it's a great program. It ran well on my 8830 but now I have a 8330 and it never can find the internal GPS. I have other programs loaded that work with the GPS... GPSed, BB Maps, Google Maps, etc. I've tried most every combination of starting one program and getting a lock first, starting no programs after a battery pull and every time Nav4All goes through the config it seems to search endlessly for a Bluetooth GPS device. I haven't found any settings that tell it to find or use the internal device and it acts like it can't see it even tho the other players see it fine. Any thoughts?
    08-07-08 12:31 PM
    I had the same problem when I first got my 8330, but after I installed Google Maps 2.2.2 it started working. A coincidence? I dunno. I've been frustrated with the gps feature on both the 8830 I used to have and on the 8330 that I now have. The 8330 works better, but it's still buggy. I may give up and buy a Freedom Keychain 2000.
    08-07-08 12:38 PM
    I'd read your previous post about installing Google 2.2.2. I installed it too and still no joy. I guess what seems to me like a simple thing to do is probably an amazingly complex dance of programming and hardware to make these little buggers work at all.
    08-07-08 12:43 PM
    I have had the same issue yesterday when I tried it out on an SE C905, it wouldn't find the internal GPS. Still cannot get it to work, not sure if its the device or Nav4all software itself.
    08-07-08 12:44 PM
    I have had the same issue yesterday when I tried it out on an SE C905, it wouldn't find the internal GPS. Still cannot get it to work, not sure if its the device or Nav4all software itself.
    I did leave a support request with Nav4All and will post any results I hear from them. I did get a nice auto-email back from them so I at least know my request registered.
    08-07-08 12:52 PM
    Are you guys trying to find your position using a GPS indoors? That won't work. You have to be outside for a GPS to work. Only reason why some programs can work indoors (e.g. Googlemaps) is because it uses the triangulation method as well using the cell towers.
    08-07-08 01:27 PM
    Are you guys trying to find your position using a GPS indoors? That won't work. You have to be outside for a GPS to work. Only reason why some programs can work indoors (e.g. Googlemaps) is because it uses the triangulation method as well using the cell towers.
    Absolutely testing outside, not near buildings or trees, in a totally clear view of the sky, not wearing tin foil or carrying kryptonite.
    08-07-08 01:33 PM
    I did leave a support request with Nav4All and will post any results I hear from them. I did get a nice auto-email back from them so I at least know my request registered.
    hahaha, good luck. it's been more than two weeks since i sent my e-mail to them. i'm having the same problem as you are and i haven't been able to find a definite answer anywhere online.
    08-07-08 11:16 PM
    Are you sure your GPS is active? Go to Options>Advanced Options>GPS and make sure your GPS Services is ON.
    08-08-08 02:03 AM
    Are you sure your GPS is active? Go to Options>Advanced Options>GPS and make sure your GPS Services is ON.
    Yes, as stated in my first post it works fine on GPSed, BB Maps, Google (not triangulation).

I actually got 2 email responses from Nav4All yesterday. Both were basically confirming that I'd done the basic setup and tested the GPS so still not any further along yet.
    08-08-08 07:53 AM
    Have you tried doing a battery pull yet? When I have trouble connecting, that will usually work - sometimes.
    08-08-08 01:47 PM
    Have you tried doing a battery pull yet? When I have trouble connecting, that will usually work - sometimes.
    Yes, I have tried the battery pull, several times. I've loaded and unloaded Nav4All too many times and have just unloaded it so I don't have to look at the icon, knowing it doesn't work. I hate that cuz it seemed like an exceptional program when it was working.
    08-11-08 09:13 AM
    any luck with a response from nav4all?
    08-13-08 03:39 PM
    I had not heard anything further from Nav4All Support so I resent the following ticket:

Nav4All version:: 8.0.70 Phone Model:: Curve 8330 GPS Receiver:: internal Telecom provider:: US Cellular Country:: USA
    Unable to find internal GPS

Hello,

I've installed and removed Nav4All v 8.0.7 several times and still it is unable to find the internal GPS. I go throught the entire setup process each time... install language, install voice, find GPS. It appears that the program is trying to find an external bluetooth device and will not give me an option to select the internal GPS. I use several other GPS programs including Blackberry Maps, Google Maps, GPSed and they all work great and always find the GPS and aquire satellites quickly.

Anything else I can try? Also, I have successfully used previous Nav4All versions on a Blackberry 8830 and was very pleased with the program.

Thank you,
    08-14-08 08:05 AM
    Under Settings, Set up GPS, I chose LAPI Advanced and *bingo* the thing started working. Now, how in the world would someone know to do this? I just tried it by chance.
    08-21-08 01:06 PM
    Under Settings, Set up GPS, I chose LAPI Advanced and *bingo* the thing started working. Now, how in the world would someone know to do this? I just tried it by chance.
    How do I get LAPI Advanced? I have a Sprint 8330 Curve and the only thing I have under Options -> Advanced -> GPS is:

GPS Data Source Device GPS
    GPS Services Location ON
    08-25-08 09:34 PM
    How do I get LAPI Advanced? I have a Sprint 8330 Curve and the only thing I have under Options -> Advanced -> GPS is:

GPS Data Source Device GPS
    GPS Services Location ON
    From within Nav4All: go to the menu, Settings, Set up GPS,and you should find the LAPI Advanced circle to mark.
    08-26-08 06:43 AM

i tried to change it but the only thing in that option for me is
    1. search GPs
    2. GPS information
    3> setup bluetooth

-without gps
    -internal gps

no LAPI option.
    08-26-08 08:44 AM

i tried to change it but the only thing in that option for me is
    1. search GPs
    2. GPS information
    3> setup bluetooth

-without gps
    -internal gps

no LAPI option.
    If you're using the same version... v8.0.6 then you are seeing a different menu than I am, probably due to the different phone model. Have you selected and tried "Internal GPS"?
    08-26-08 10:20 AM
    Hi all,

Newbie here, just pickup up a Blackberry Curve 8330 yesterday.

For GPS capabilities do i need to purchase anything to get this to work?

Ive downloaded Nav4all but when loading i get "Waiting for GPS" the No GPS Coordinates. Never connects. I have the GPS Services : Location On. Do i need something else?

THanks

Opps I'm sorry for jacking this thread i meant to create my own..
    Last edited by draftwho2008; 08-26-08 at 12:26 PM. Reason: didn't mean to reply
    08-26-08 12:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD