I downloaded Nav4All and I even tried downloading various speech packs, however every time a direction is supposed to be spoken the voice starts talking and then immediatly stops, like it is being cut off. Anyone else experience this or know how to fix it ?
    05-13-08 02:28 PM
    Have you tried a battery pull? With your phone on, remove the battery for 30 seconds, then put it back in.
    05-13-08 02:41 PM
    Have you tried a battery pull? With your phone on, remove the battery for 30 seconds, then put it back in.

ahhh maybe. I will try it as soon as i get my new GPS reciever in a few days. Thanks !
    05-13-08 04:20 PM
    I'm having the same problem with my new Sprint Curve 8330. Looks like Nav4All doesn't work properly with the Curve. Battery pull didn't help.

Looks like I'll either have to mute the sound or find another GPS program for my trip tomorrow.
    05-15-08 06:15 PM
    I am also having the voice cut off issue, with Verizon's 8330.
    05-16-08 08:47 AM
    yea battery pull did jack sh*t. Too bad, I don't like the nav software without prompts, because its very difficult to determine when to turn (doesn't even say the street name, unless I need to figure out how to activate that in the settings maybe?)

any other alternatives?
    05-17-08 11:07 AM
    Nope, no street names (hey, it's FREE
    I've got the 8830 and it works perfectly on that unit.
    BBMaps DOES have street names, but alas, no voice...
    05-17-08 02:39 PM
    I'm experiencing this as well on my sprint 8330. I've tried multiple language files, changing the permissions, settings, uninstalling, reinstalling, re-downloading... It's just broken. Amaze gps works fine, if slowly, so it's something to do with nav4all. Worked great on my 8310, so I dunno. Hope we get an update soon - for this, for the google maps internal gps bug, and the new 4.2 version of amaze.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-23-08 09:51 PM
    I was wrong. Amaze GPS exhibits identical behavior. Clearly something about this OS/hardware causes it...
    05-24-08 05:41 PM
    Just as an additional note, TeleNav voice directions work flawlessly.
    05-30-08 07:32 AM
    I haven't found any reference to Nav4All on the Blackberry Curve 8330, but does the built-in GPS not work with Nav4All? I'd really rather not have to use an external bluetooth GPS unit (I have one, but its from my Dell Axim X50V and not sure if it'll work or not, nor do I want to use it if at all possible)

EDIT: Nevermind. Apparently i'm ignorant and didn't realize that "GPS Services: Location On" had to be set. I thought that was for tracking, which technically I do not want.... i was thinking it was on all the time anyway and Location On gave other software the ability to find me guess I should've read up on it first

Thoughts/comments?

Brian / ChevyNovaLn
    Alltel BB Curve 8330
    UL Data/Text/Whatever...
    Last edited by ChevyNovaLN; 06-22-08 at 05:47 PM.
    06-22-08 05:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD