hi guys i own a blackberry 8310 curve and i want to use the bluetooth gps, how do i enable this, i am using the nav4all software
    05-26-08 11:43 AM
    can any one help me use bluetooth gps?
    05-28-08 12:04 PM
    Do you have a data plan? Are you using an external GPS device?
    If external, what device is it?
    05-28-08 12:52 PM
    From the home screen in Nav4all--

Settings
    Setup GPS
    Setup Bluetooth

Not sure but I think you will need to have paired your GPS puck prior to all this.
    05-28-08 12:54 PM
    Do you have a data plan? Are you using an external GPS device?
    If external, what device is it?
    yes i have a data plan but i want to get off the data, wont using blue tooth gps allow me to get off my data plan

Not sure but I think you will need to have paired your GPS puck prior to all this.
    how do i get paired with my gps puck?
    05-28-08 01:53 PM
    Instructions for pairing will have come with your puck. If you tell us what device you have, someone likely has the same one and can give you specific help.

The GPS won't use your data plan, but Nav4All will need a data plan to be able to download maps. As an alternative, there are one or two programs that let you store maps on the microSD card. TrekBuddy is one. But you'll still have to download the maps to store them on the microSD card.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-28-08 10:54 PM
    thanks bro that helped alot, and my device is a curve 8310
    05-29-08 01:11 PM
    Your original post mentioned wanting to use a bluetooth GPS. That's the device we're asking about. What external bluetooth gps are you using?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-29-08 02:02 PM
    i dont think i have an external gps...could u mention some? thanks.
    05-30-08 12:36 PM
    The Curve 8310 has an internal GPS. I don't know if AT&T allows you to use it with anything other than their app or not. If you can only use it with AT&T's app (and someone here with AT&T will know and will likely respond and let you know), then you will need an external GPS to use with Nav4All. The Freedom Keychain 2000, available from the crackberrry store, is a good choice. There are others. But wait until somebody answers the AT&T question before you buy one.
    05-30-08 12:55 PM
    alright what is the gps puck?
    05-30-08 01:11 PM
    I am on AT&T and have used Nav4all without a problem using the internal gps on my 8310
    05-30-08 02:51 PM
    A GPS puck is an external device that people use who either don't have an internal GPS, or have one that's disabled by their carrier. You don't need one, since you have a working internal GPS, and b1gg134 has confirmed AT&T doesn't disable it. He's also confirmed that it works with Nav4All, so it should be easy to get you working as well. I don't have Nav4All installed, but jbonnot03 pointed you to the settings page in his post two days ago. Look back at that, and ignore his comment about pairing. You don't need to do that.

If you still have problems, b1gg134 has your same hardware and software and can probably help you better than I.
    05-30-08 03:20 PM
    aite guys thanks for your help
    they dont charge me for using this internal gps? and if i have the maps on my memorycard then i dont use data plan right?
    05-30-08 03:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD