News just out from Nav4All is that they have just added New Zealand and Jakarta to their already extensive on-line GPS database. This now makes Nav4All the largest and most detailed On-line mapping program.

There has been extensive testing side by side with some of the biggest names in GPS software and hardware (TomTom, Nokia & WayFinder to name but a few) and Nav4All has come out on top. For the full, detailed report (32- page PDF) with nice layout, screen shots and more just hit this link below.

http://www.stichtingonderzoeknavigat...oad_savety.pdf
    04-05-08 02:47 PM
    Let me interject,
    Nav4All is the WORST BlackBerry GPS software available.

I have used all the programs extensively and Nav4All came out as the least intuitive, most difficult to navigate while on the road and least productive.

Terrible GUI, Terrible map display, Just plain terrible...
    Let me put it this way, there is a reason it's free.

The best one on the market ? Garmin. Hands down.
    04-07-08 11:31 AM
    I'm not that big a fan of Nav4All. I got it into a mode where I finally had to remove the battery to escape. I tried Garmin, but when I installed it, it said it didn't support Verizon 8830's. Maybe because the internal GPS is disabled. I use a Freedom Keychain 2000 external GPS.

I have Garmin's Forerunner 205 Wrist GPS. It's a great product, so I was hoping to use Garmin on my BB. I'd be glad to try their BB product again if I'm wrong about it not working.
    04-07-08 11:47 AM
    I agree with gbren in that Nav4All has some of the worst map graphics. However, since I use it strictly with arrow and voice navigation, that's not a factor for me. Travelled to Montreal this weekend from the US and it worked flawlessly, always giving me forewarning which lane I should be in before my next exit. The directions were dead-on the whole trip. Every once in a while, I would take a quick glance at the screen to see how many more miles before the next turn.
    04-07-08 07:21 PM
    I actually have both Garmin Mobile and Nav4All loaded on my phone. I use Nav4All as a backup since Garmin does have some hickups. But Garmin by far is much better, but you pay for that service.
    04-08-08 01:26 PM
    Anyone know if Nav4all works with the 8130 (Pearl)? Their website only lists the 8100.
    04-16-08 05:34 PM
    I've been testing out Nav4all on a verizon 8130 pearl. The navigation seems to work well although the screens are basic as described earlier. I haven't been able to get the voice commands to come through even though I loaded the required files - any suggestions Organman?
    04-29-08 12:06 AM
    I assume you've already checked that the "no volume" check box is NOT checked and you've got at least 50% volume settings! Start menu>settings>sound options>

The only time I lose the sound is when I've had to answer a call during navigation. Program may mute the sound directions while on the call. However, I've found that once I end the call, the navigation sounds do not get "unmuted". Only solution is to END the program and immediately start it again and "continue navigation". It's a pain, but quick enough to do. Hopefully that glitch will be resolved in next update. But, hey, it's FREE!
    04-29-08 11:47 AM
    Thanks for the response organman. Settings are ok so I tried loud default profile but still no volume. I must be missing a setting somewhere if it is working on your 8830.
    04-29-08 04:19 PM
    i have a ? i loaded nav4 it loaded fine, picked up my gps device but when it came time to actually navigate or find my location it keep saying "waiting for gps" and waiting and waiting
    05-07-08 11:17 AM
    Accessing via WAP, so I can't see your profile and don't know what device you are using. If you are using an external GPS, go into your bluetooth options, select the gps, device properties/menu/refresh services list.

Then be sure Nav4All is looking at the external gps. I don't have it installed at the moment, so I can't give you step-by-step for that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-07-08 02:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD